Repurposing the Driver's Lounge at truck stops?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by CK73, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slim51

Slim51 Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Maine
    Mother of god... why don’t you quit trucking already? A grown man claiming truck drivers are the real human trafficking victims.... mind blow.

Just because you don’t SEE human trafficking, doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. Ever heard of the dark web?

From an article found on Forbes:

“While trafficking is often thought of as something that happens across international borders, it also happens in America—every single day. According to Polaris Project, there are 100,000 to 300,000 children prostituted in America and many more at risk. ”

That just CHILDREN. I feel worse for you though, since you have it so bad!!

PoleCrusher, TankerP, 88 Alpha and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Whyte Trashe

Whyte Trashe Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2019
    Charlotte, N.C
    If trafficking were occurring on the scale that’s being pumped into us then, yes, absolutely I would have seen some evidence by now.
    And certainly, no children. If so, where are the arrests...and the victims? Even a Jane or John Doe? Even protected children would still be listed as a victim; certainly those arrested would be listed. And how about that ‘Grand Scale’; where are all those tons and tons of specific trafficking arrests to support the claim?

I’ve been around, all over the country, and living and working right in the middle and amongst all the peoples here.
    With the exception of a few “Lot Lizards”, I’ve seen absolutely nothing. Nada. Zippo.
    And, by the way, those Lot Lizards were operating solo; they had no other choices available to them.... kind of like the truck drivers that they were servicing.

No, trafficking on a grand scale is not happening the way you’re being told.
    The real victims on a grand scale are America’s lowly workers, to especially include the trucking industry as a whole.
    And like I mentioned before, these truckers are ‘locked in’ in ways that they can’t escape so easily; what else are they going to do.. deliver pizzas? They are so consistantly broke that they can’t even afford to take the time off to look for, let alone train, for anything else.
    And how about those drivers that are “Locked in” to a lease program... and many pay periods they actually owe money to the company that they are leased to. They made an ignorant mistake (Let ye cast the first stone here boys.. and girls) and now they can’t get out.

Sound familiar?

4. Slim51

Slim51 Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Maine
    No, it doesn’t sound familiar.

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Gym / Workout space.

6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Back before I got my CDL (6 years ago) I worked for a computer repair company. One of our clients was an oil company that owns a truck stop. They put in a gym, but had to take it back out after only a year or three. (I don't remember exactly, but it was a short amount of time.). It was costing more to fix the machines than what they made.

PoleCrusher and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  7. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Just need space. Get some old school stationary bikes. Mostly just space. I lifted with some dude that carries a full bench and 250 pounds of weight with him the other day lol. Olympic bar. Disassembles it and keeps it behind his cab.

I don't need a gym. But when it's raining, ice, snowing, you at least need a covered space.

I might add he does this out of necessity. Kitchen space in truck stops would so awesome. But 95% are complete and total F slobs, someone would #### in the sink on opening day.

8. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    TA/Petro has workout space that does nothing but collect dust... LOL

TravR1 and stwik Thank this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    I see guys in them all the time. But they aren't big enough. Get 3 guys in their, there's no room.

10. CK73

CK73 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2017
    That was my first thought.

The answer is wash and fold laundry.

Thanks for playing.

Maybe someone can cut and merge a new human trafficking thread from here.

Feel free to derail the thread some more but yeah wash and fold laundry plus the truck stop could rent out the space and all would benefit so the idea is actually realistic is what I was looking for.

11. Whyte Trashe

Whyte Trashe Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2019
    Charlotte, N.C
    I’ll let someone else do the writing for me on this one:
    www.Truthout.com
    Check out or Google: Truthout Special Report: Money and Lies in Anti-Human Trafficking NGO’s

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.