Reserve your TESLA ELECTRIC 500 mile range Semi today $150-$200k

Discussion in 'Other News' started by RussianBearTruckeR, Mar 13, 2019.

Small fleet owners, O/O's, Mega's - just for the fuel savings alone, would you take a chance on it?

1. Gamechanger, Hell Yea - looks sweet too!

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Gimme my Pete ######, get the hell outta here with your tech Horse****!

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    A lot of airflow at highway speeds will keep everything cool.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenBob

DenBob Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    I suppose I would accept one if it were given to me for free, but it would be up for sale to the highest bidder immediately.

4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Ill take on of those and fly by all ur chromed out petes , lol i would love to see a bull hauler put one these trucks under a pot ,

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I'm excited about this technology like I'm excited about getting hemorrhoids. You guys can have them and deal with them. But it will be better to drive them than to own them. They thought DPF technology was bad, and costly to maintain and operate ...

And think about this. So let's say a quarter of Americas truck fleet turns to electric at some point. Think about how that is going to drive diesel prices down to perhaps <$3.00 or even lower as demand wanes. Talk about a good reason to stay put with your trusty Detroit diesel

6. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    I think you forget that engine itself weight is good 250 pounds....so your can put at least 2000 pounds of batteries inside a truck without any sacrifice ( don't forget that electricity not as havy as fuel tanks).
    Now, acording to Google Modes S batteries weight about 1200 meaning that you can put inside truck x2 times more batteries.
    So 500 miles is pretty positive but only either on. dead flat surface around Kansas, or maybe inside a city ( cause of recuperation ) .

7. CousinVinny

CousinVinny Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    I wouldn't doubt any performance claims. Electric motors make peak torque immediately from 0 RPM.

The Model S sedan that Tesla sells can put down up to 920lb-ft at the wheels.

8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    And this torque potential is going to have to be somehow "controlled" before it makes any sort of major inroads into the industry. No way that would be safe to drive on wet or icy roads, especially if empty if there is no meaningful computer/system to control torque. A car's gross weight does not have a lot of weight variance from trip to trip. Working trucks on the other hand have wide degrees of variance in their gross weight.

At least with a diesel engine, power and torque is generally easy to control, from idle to max

9. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    AWW come on my biggest fantasy is doing a John Force burnout on the back row of the truckstop.

10. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I thinkt Tesla can limit the torque if companies buying the truck want it limited. Traction control can limit the torque in snow and ice. My current truck does that with auto shift transmission. If the drive tires starts to spin the computers see it. Then it limits the power to the engine.

11. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Already exists:)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.