Restaurants with/near Truck Parking

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by jaxwinner, Feb 4, 2018.

1. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    yeah a problem we all encounter from time to time if one does not prefer the food at Flying J buffets and want to go get a decent feed, if your allowed to i'd just drop the trailer and go for a drive unless the parking at the restaurant stipulates it, there's no reason why you couldn't use their car park if your a paying customer

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jaxwinner

jaxwinner Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Barton Arkansas
    I had China Buffet in York NE on my list and had occasion to stop there yesterday. Parking at Walmart where I replenished my supply of refreshment. I have mixed reviews for the China Buffet. The food tasted good but was on the cool side. The service was horrible. I had to seat myself since the waitress was outside enjoying a smoke and the sunshine. I went through a complete course without silverware or a drink which I had to ask for. The elderly man thought I was on the rotund side because I asked for a coke and he said ok diet pepsi. I said no regular pepsi and ended up getting a diet pepsi anyway. When I got my next round of food I took the diet pepsi to the machine in the cubby hole, poured it out, and got my own mountain dew. The man checked on me 20 min later and did a triple take(literally) at the mountain dew but didn't say anything. No I didn't leave a tip.

fargonaz Thanks this.
  4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    This place is great, almost always some room to squeeze in for a 10 or just a quick 30. (and a nice break coming out of LA). if you show your CDL you get 20% off (IIRC) and a free soda.

Albuquerque, NM, caddy corner from the downtown T/A (at I25 and I40). (SE corner of Menaul and University), not even a 1/4 of a block walk. Little Anita's (New Mexico style mexican food.) Little Anita's Menaul Location

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Yes, Mad Greeks does do 20% off for CDL holders. And I love good New Mexican style Mexican food wherever I can find it.

6. Woodchuck88

Woodchuck88 Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2017
    New York
    Red Arrow diner. 137 Rockingham Rd, Londonderry, NH probably the best food at a truck stop I’ve ever had. Small little gem of a stop.

x1Heavy and jaxwinner Thank this.
  7. Sgonza101

Sgonza101 Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Iron skillet on i5 (Petro) is pretty good.

jaxwinner Thanks this.
  8. jaxwinner

jaxwinner Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Barton Arkansas
    Thanks. Looking for restaurants outside of truck stops tho mostly.

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    New Cracker Barrel Entrees For A Limited Time Only

Cracker Barrel Launches Three New Menu Items Designed to Delight Southerners

BBK8BJy.img.jpeg

Cut from a web page ...
    ---------------------
    Born in Lebanon, Tennessee in 1969, and

perfecting it's down-home craft ever since, it's no surprise that Cracker Barrel knows what Southerners crave. With their

latest menu arrivals for spring 2018, it's clear they've once again knocked it out of the park.

Available nationwide March 19th for $8.99 each, the comfort food maestros will be launching three seasonal "Southern Bowls" that riff on traditional favorites. First, there's the Fried Chicken Benedict bowl (pictured above) with fried chicken, two over-easy eggs smothered in pimento cheese sauce, and garnished with parsley on a split buttermilk biscuit. The bowl will also include their new sweet pepper n' red skin hash.

Next, the Ham n' Maple Bacon Bowl combines maple-pepper bacon with hickory-smoked country ham, alongside sugar-cured ham with sticky-sweet

maple onion jam slathered on top. In addition to the sweet pepper n' red skin hash. This meal also comes with two scrambled eggs sprinkled with Colby cheese, and two buttermilk biscuits.

Last but certainly not least is the Sausage, Grits Cakes n' Green Tomato Gravy Bowl. This mouthwatering dish starts with a layer of the new hash under sausage patties and two scrambled eggs with shredded Colby cheese. The pièce de résistance? Two deep-fried stone-ground pimento cheese grits cakes, clearly designed to stay in your dreams for many, many nights to come. To complete the meal, rich, green tomato gravy with fresh parsley is ladled over the top. Of course, it's also served up with those signature buttermilk biscuits.

"At Cracker Barrel, we remain committed to our traditional roots in homestyle cooking, while also appreciating the evolving tastes, preferences and dining habits of our guests," said Cammie Spillyards-Schaefer, vice president of culinary for Cracker Barrel in a company press release. "Our new Southern Bowls pair classic Southern staples with bolder flavors and seasonings to create new offerings of craveable comfort food with a Southern twist."

Since these limited-time offers are only available at Cracker Barrel through May 6th, make sure you plan a few visits to get this tantalizing trio in your life pronto.

10. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    That was the last Denny’s I ever ate at, it was the autumn of 94.,,,

11. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    Big Texan ? Big Tourist Trap.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.