Restaurants with/near Truck Parking

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by jaxwinner, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    No I took an uber over. It was great way to spend 34 hours.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    But I did see plenty of bobtails parked outside the mall so maybe they got lucky.

4. jaxwinner

jaxwinner Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Barton Arkansas
    China One Buffet in Sidney NE had truck parking around the edge of their parking lot. I can't speak to their food because they were remodeling when I was there.

I am in Bethel PA at Trainers Midway Diner mostly for the parking. I got here a little early so I went in and ordered the baked sausage, filling with gravy, english peas, and bread. I have to be honest and say I've had better meals. The sausage was almost seasonless and the peas were a bit off in taste. On a funny note there was a little white cup of something to go with the sausage and I thought it might be ginger so I took half a fork full and plopped it on my tongue. My mouth exploded. Horseradish... hot arse horseradish. I had to clean my computer. I set the meal aside and ordered a piece of coconut cream pie and coffee.

On a happier note I got to the cashier and began to cash out and she tells me the total is $8 something. I tell her no that I had the sausage special which was 9.99 by itself. She goes and confers with my waitress and comes back saying yes it was right $8 that I wasnt charged for the sausage meal because I didn't eat most of it.

5. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    I would have ate that. I keep horseradish on tap.
    20180718_224245.jpg

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Oklahoma I-40, exit #200, SE Corner.

Catfish Roundup

Just south of the Loves. Room for 3 or 4 trucks. Trucks generally in and out to eat. Attracts lots of locals for both lunch and dinner. Catfish is pretty good. But if I'm in during lunch, I will order a "blue plate lunch" that changes daily, M-F 11-2 for $7.99 that includes entree, 2 sides and rolls and small "apple fritters". Good food overall and reasonably priced.

7. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Houston, Texas I-45 exit 64. In the little shopping plaza across from the Flying J is a place called Clios. Excellent Authentic Mexican food. Matter of fact the lunch I had was so good I ordered something to go for dinner later tonight. They also sell "American" food like burgers etc etc. Open 7am-7pm. Definitely worth the short 2 minute walk.

8. larry2903

larry2903 Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2009
    On the trails
    Mi Ranchito Mexican food across the street from TA in Ogallala, Ne. Good food and friendly service, regular stop for me early afternoon when passing through.

9. Tgg

Tgg Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Big Texan will actually pick you up and take you back in one of their limos for free. Not just truckers, anyone.

10. Tgg

Tgg Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2018
    The Big Texas will actually pick you up and take you back in one of their limos for free. They provide this service to anyone locally.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.