Return to ACT (American Central Transport)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Jaguar115, Oct 28, 2013.

1. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    The cameras have covers that can be lowered over the in cab lens. i rode in one of the test trucks to recover a truck. it only records a few seconds before and after a hard jolt. i tried to talk the driver into getting a couple helloween masks and smacking it, for fun

Jaguar115 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jaguar115

Jaguar115 Heavy Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Warsaw, Mo
    Lmao... There's ALL kinds of possibilities for youtube videos. .

On a serious note. .I was thinking of a black Sharpie pen coloring the lens looking at the driver. ..

I absolutely do not mind the camera facing "out"..I absolutely do mind the camera facing "in". I'm making the payment, I'm paying the insurance. . You're invading my space..

Most companies are self insured and this is a case of preserving the "self" without due cause.

I could see the scenario of. ."ok driver, we've had several calls about your erratic driving"...or something similar. . But being condemned without due process is flabbergasting.

If (heaven forbid) a horrific accident should occur. .If I was an attorney. . I'd say " you put cameras in the trucks because your drivers are so pathetic that you wanted the chance to weed them out before this happened. . And failed, making you more culpable".

Ugh! I watched way to much L.A. Law!

But..I did beat my 1st wifes attorney in the divorce case. .And She was MAD!

Kujo Thanks this.
  4. QUAD 40

QUAD 40 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2014
    illinois
    Jaguar115, glad to see you return to the thread. I've been reading all the ACT threads I can find to get as much info as I can on company operations. I hope to come to work there through the reactivate program, as I have been out of a truck for over four years. I started driving in 1980, and had to stop in 2010 due to surgery and a long recovery.

I have spoken to Marsha a couple of times, and she explained to me about the in cab cameras. Like you all I am not a fan of in cab cameras, but in my case, ACT's reactivate program is my best option to return to trucking. So, for me it's "suck it up buttercup" and deal with it. In my time I've dealt with worse.

One other question: could someone enlighten me as to how the fueling program works for company drivers. I figure I will stay a company driver until I understand the system well enough to be profitable as a lease operator. I also look forward to meeting all of you at some time.

sorry to hijack the thread, but all your posts have been a big help to me. Thank you all.

5. Rhino2604

Rhino2604 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I'm looking at new options now as well. Do you really think those cameras are there to protect you? Think again. It's to release them from certain liabilities...... I.e. Hang you out to dry. I can't believe after 20 years someone thinks they have the "right" to tell ME how to drive my truck. It just amazes me how MANY trucking companies are tightening the nuse of the very people that make the money and support the company. The funny thing is, they think this will be implemented with no recourse. I guess they will see. Just without me.

Kujo Thanks this.
  6. BigKid2

BigKid2 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    I personally don't like the ideas of cameras but I will say if my truck had been equipped with one when I had the accident that lead to my lease getting cancelled there would of been a different outcome in all of that. The camera would of shown the accident happened like I said it did and not like they determined it did.

Kujo Thanks this.
  7. RoadCall

RoadCall Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2012
    You can bet your ### insurance companies will want to see inside too so they can prove wether or not the driver was paying attention

Kujo Thanks this.
  8. Rhino2604

Rhino2604 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Which is worse? Civil liberties being violated or someone driving a desk is going to tell YOU how to drive your truck. I like Tom Jr. a-lot he's always been a upstanding guy a pretty nice to have coffee and chat with I just can't believe that this sounded like a good idea to him. On paper sure in the real world NO way. I have been at this company years and have seen the good and the bad but I never thought in a million years it would come down to this.
    It is with a VERY heavy heart that I say this is without a doubt a line in the sand. so you trust me to deliver your loads and to represent the company but only as long as you can look in on me at YOUR disscression? I've always done my job safely, on time, with no issues. I'm afraid this is a violation of trust and ability. I've given you no such reason for either.

Kujo, BigKid2, Jaguar115 and 1 other person Thank this.
  9. RoadCall

Mar 12, 2012
    Well said Rhino

The funny thing is there's a driver shortage as it is and companies are making it worse and worse for drivers.

10. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Maybe it should be put to Tom Jr that the drivers want access to a camera on him 1) in his car, to work and from work and 2) at his desk so you all know that he's got his nose to the grind stone.

A simple Internet feed that all drivers can log on to...

After all, if Tom screws up, puts everyone else at risk, doesn't it?

BigKid2 and tucker Thank this.
  11. RoadCall

Mar 12, 2012
    Don't stop there, it should be in his home too!

BigKid2 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.