Return to ACT (American Central Transport)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Jaguar115, Oct 28, 2013.

1. RoadCall

RoadCall Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Exactly what I figured T, they can claim they aren't watching all they want but obviously someone is! That would/will bug the #### out of me too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rhino2604

Rhino2604 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Deal breaker as far as I'm concerned. I spoke with my better half about it due to the fact it's really been getting me down. She said "you have worked to hard and to long only to be trampled by this rule". No matter what..... She's right. I have a VERY good friend of mine that's on the Executive driver board with a major company and they discussed it for 2 seconds before coming to the conclusion that it would have a negative effect on driver moral. I guess that's not a big deal at ACT anymore.

Kujo, BigKid2, RoadCall and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    What big company was that? And I hope that this "trend" doesn't continue, it's too bad. Companys are going to lose good drivers, there loss not ours.

5. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    What big company was that? And I hope that this "trend" doesn't continue, it's too bad. Companys are going to lose good drivers, there loss not ours.

6. Rhino2604

Jan 9, 2013
    Marten Transport. He's been there 26yrs and the mgmt there thought it better to not have a massive driver exodus.

7. RoadCall

Mar 12, 2012
    Well I decided to question the company on their Facebook post regarding cameras.

Instead of answering my questions their answer was ... "I see you are working with Marsha please contact her with any questions"

Hmm, I wonder why? Lol

8. Rhino2604

Jan 9, 2013
    What did Marsha say?

9. RoadCall

Mar 12, 2012
    Havent spoke to Marsha yet about it but I'm guessing since they didn't publicly deny my assumptions there's a reason for that.

10. Rhino2604

Jan 9, 2013
    She will sell it to you. It's her job to do so. Should be pretty funny to hear what she has to say.

11. KyJelly

KyJelly Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Wapakoneta
    I worked 24 years at a company pulling our freight. No other freight touched our trailer floors. I started in a straight truck then worked into semis once I turned 25.
    We had cameras inside the cab since 2009. We were covered by a CBA, and when the subject was brought up about privacy issues, the company response was " never once had any problems and we don't want them to start"
    I guess they figured we had it good there and they could buffalo their way into anything. It stung for awhile,but come payday all was forgotten.
    So I guess it will be like any other issue, ie... Home time, pay,benefits or some other issue. You will have to make a choice whether to stay or leave. I personally don't like them,but my names nt on the title or the door,so I choose to work their is my choice.
    I hope though that cameras will benefit drivers and not become another tool for the companies to tighten the noose farther. It's already hard to breath out here now.
    Sorry for the ramblings.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.