Returning back to USA TRUCK

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Milechaser, Mar 8, 2014.

1. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Well, the way I see it is if a company is going to cut your miles then they are just cutting their own profits. Doesn't make much sense. If they truely are interested in keeping you, then they would take it as a shot over the bow and try to retain you or at least make an attempt. But in my opinion, once I've left, I'm commited to give the new position a decent trial. I don't like to bounce around like a rubber ball.

DGStrong71 and Thomas0810 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DGStrong71

DGStrong71 Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    I totally agree. I guess some people just have an overly creative thought process. Intentionally cutting a drivers miles would be a no win for everyone. I'm pretty sure that if the company thought you were shopping around for another job you'd probably still run the same as always. However, I wouldn't take it too personal if nobody tried to persuade you to stay even though you might be a terrific employee. After all, "they" are just other employees of the company and are manly concerned with their own interests and don't really no you at all. Your DM might praise you and tell you things like he/she hates to lose you but its just artificial. Your DM gets dinged every time a driver quits or has to be fired and eventually they will lose their own job.

Thomas0810 Thanks this.
  4. Rich635mustang

Rich635mustang Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Be great if they did show some effort in trying to retain an employee. Maybe if they focused more on keeping employees instead of recruiting new ones.

Reycer and Thomas0810 Thank this.
  5. Reycer

Reycer Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Ohio
    This is exactly right.

6. falcon241073

falcon241073 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Germantown, TN
    They tried hard to keep.me. lol

Offered me $0.38 a mile to stay and more home time. I laughed and told them hell no. Thats less than.my starting pay where I am now and im home every other night and weekends. Im averaging around the same miles per week and paid for all work done at $15 an hour. The terminal manager just looked at me and stammered "uhhh... ok, I guess we cant touch that?"

Lol no USA can not.

Reycer Thanks this.
  7. DGStrong71

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    If they offered you more money to stay it was probably a lie or they just implied something that you miss understood. Pay raises are done by payroll only based on the company set pay policy and your DM or the terminal managers have no control over it.

Thomas0810 Thanks this.
  8. falcon241073

falcon241073 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Germantown, TN
    Oh I know. It was a lie if anything. I have been around the block enough times that I know what he said and there was no misunderstanding. Thats why I laughed. Even if they could have given the raise id have still said no.

And ive seen a penny offered and honored but I doubt .03 would have been approved. Well doubt aint the right word.... know would be a better one. Lol

I have no ill will to USA. I was trained and got my 2yrs expierience. My first, and far as im concerned, only DM was respectful and helpful. Came across with concern for her drivers (whether out of selfish reasons or true honesty). I learned a lot and have no regrets.

With out USA and what I learned I could not and would not be where I am at now.

I dont know what the future holds for USA. I do hope everything turns out fine. I think its a decent place to start. And for a lot of drivers, a decent place to stay. JFrog and DGStrong have both been there awhile. Both have different approaches and personalities. Both have a lot of knowledge and expierience. So that speaks volumes for USA in my opinion.

9. Rich635mustang

Rich635mustang Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Do they wonder why their drivers are leaving? I mean, really.

10. Reycer

Reycer Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Ohio
    Stopped in at the Vandalia terminal to get a couple log books. The scabs that hang around our terminals never cease to friggin amaze me. Since I've been here (about an hour) I've see someone do a jackknife and bust the airlines on a trailer watch a driver run over a sign and now a driver is swearing that Lawrence in WM gives him the keys to the trainer truck and tells him just to bring them back on Monday. Then I hear a driver swearing he can use personal conveyance on his logs and drive 100+ miles and can't figure out why he's being called into safety. GAH!! I have to get away from this company.

Thomas0810 and falcon241073 Thank this.
  11. DGStrong71

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    The scab is right. It's entirely legal to drive off duty as long as you are not pulling a trailer and have been relived of duty. However, the company doesnt allow it.

Thomas0810 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.