Returning to CRST after 3 years

Discussion in 'CRST' started by abdiver12, Jan 13, 2009.

1. abdiver12

abdiver12 Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I went through training with CRST in the Winter of 2005 and completed its then 6 month driving obligation. I then left the company, lost my Class A license and went into another field of work for a few years. In the meantime, CRST sent me a nice certificate stating I had completed their program, etc. If I wanted to go back and work for them, would I have to start again from the beginning?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ssbowles

ssbowles Heavy Load Member

Sep 27, 2007
    High Desert,CA
    Why / how did you lose your Class A? And how long did you drive after CRST?
    Seems to me that you'd at least have to do a refresher course, maybe go back out with a trainer for a while.

4. abdiver12

abdiver12 Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    At the end of the 6 months with CRST, the DMV wanted me to do another test for them because there was some problem with CRST's training standards. I decided I was going to pursue other career options so I didn't bother. A few weeks later I get a letter from DMV stating my Class A license was revoked which was fine by me at the time. I have no probs going out with a trainer and doing a refresher course but I'd like to know if I have to repeat the whole process over again from the start and sign the dreaded contract.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.