RGN legal load rates?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Andersen_Logistics_Group, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Andersen_Logistics_Group

Andersen_Logistics_Group Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2022
    I don't do any RGN loads b/c I dont know what the going rates are. Could anyone give me an accurate rate for cross country, east coast to west and vice versa or just average rates around the country. Southeast, southwest, northeast and northwest.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    There is no such thing as a going rate for rgn. The rate varies depending on a lot of different things.

4. Kenny Vader

Kenny Vader Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2022
    Working from personal experience. Are you able to co-broker some freight to start with? ZMAC, Admiral Merchants, or a Landstar agent that moves RGN freight.Even with legal dimensions still a lot of variables. D.Tibbitt is spot on.

5. Andersen_Logistics_Group

Aug 5, 2022
    Landstar I cant use bc they cant move Government freight and thats all I move. and I know theres no such thing as going rates that's why I mentioned regions and cross country. Im talking legal loads, not super loads or anything OD.

6. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    Landstar can’t haul government loads?
    I spend a lot of time in military bases, nuclear power plants, etc for not being able to haul them..

7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Every region is different ! As well as every load. Legal loads, od loads. It doesn't matter . Theres to many variables. Each load is bid on a case by case basis. Everybody and their mother is trying to broker military freight for an rgn and are completely incompetent when it comes to answering questions about that freight. Which leads me to believe it's mostly double brokerd. It's best to stick to dry van and reefer freight if you have no idea what ur doing

8. Kenny Vader

Kenny Vader Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2022
    Okay, I didnt realize it is DOD. The companies I mentioned are your competitors. I had a broker friend that would post dummy loads on Truckstop to see if there was any interest and what people wanted for the move. Not the way I roll. In the past, LS or Greentree would bid a big move and then sell it to everyone else. Not to be PC here, but I agree with D.Tibbitt 100%. Everyone needs to do their own thinking. Just don't get yourself in a bad spot.

9. Andersen_Logistics_Group

Aug 5, 2022
    Every time Landstar has called me on a load and I tell them its a government BOL, they always tell me the same thing that they cannot take a government bill of lading. I'm just telling you what I'm being told.

10. Andersen_Logistics_Group

Aug 5, 2022
    If I thought I was just going to be #####ed at bc Im trying to find a general rate to start with I wouldve saved myself the time and not posted anything. Jesus Christ what is everybody getting so pissed off about?

11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    This is why The OM and I are going open deck.

CHA CHING!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.