Rgn work

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by 18wheelsrolln, Jun 26, 2019.

1. 18wheelsrolln

18wheelsrolln Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Can anyone point me in the right place for a good company to start with and learn rgn work? I've got 7 years in the business currently as an o/o. I would like to go start out and be trained as a company driver first. I've hauled reefer box and pneumatic. Thanks for the help.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Wats ur location? Combined transport does rgn.. Tmc... re west.. National transport is another one but they are more heavy haul then rgn

4. 18wheelsrolln

18wheelsrolln Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2019
    I'm in Charleston sc. I dont mind they heavy haul. I'd like to get that experience as well

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  5. Opendeckin

Opendeckin Medium Load Member

May 20, 2018
    You gotta walk before you can run. First thing to do is to get experience with Flats and steps. You don't go straight from swinging doors to dropping necks.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    Oh, yes, you can, if you find the right (wrong?) company. One who is no longer in business sent me out with one of my very first open deck loads on an RGN. After a 90sec 'tutorial' on how to remove and replace the neck they called me 'trained'.... It's a good thing I'm a quick study in problem solving because I'd forgotten that 90sec by the time I made my delivery.
    But, yeah....find a company that will actually TRAIN you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.