Rhode Island bans tractor trailers from highways during nor’easter

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by Puppage, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    There’s 3 accidents on the mass pike this hour..... they would be going ballistic if there was a complete ban.....

E4E14336-3D7E-4DB4-AE06-7804185141B6.png

We go thru this every snow storm .. they ban turnpike doubles and propane and then sometimes gasoline loads....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

*sigh* I'd really like to blame the 4 wheelers but we've really got a lot of wash outs working.

I was a cab driver in the blizzard of '92, went to college in upstate NY, and used to date a girl in Albany.

Before I even set foot in a CDL class I'd had months of actual experience on snow/ice (that's months of actual driving by hours, well over 1,000 hours.)

One of the first things I did when I had my own truck in a snowy parking lot was to TRY to break it loose to see how it would behave. (Even bobtail, it's a lot of understeer. All that tire on the back axles. You really have to push it hard to break it loose. Like stupid aggressive idiot hard.)

Anyway, I still hate that they're blaming us for the accidents, but in light of too many guys rushing to make a delivery when they should be telling their company "NO!" I guess it's not a slight at us as it is, "hey dispatchers, use some common sense and don't book a JIT deadline in the middle of a blizzard!"

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.