Right signal light on trailer not working suddenly

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by skman, Jul 11, 2021.

1. skman

skman Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    I've got a 2013 KW w900 and for some reason my right signal on trailer isn't working. Tested it with the trailer test plug and there was no LED blinking so figured it was the power cord from truck to trailer. Didn't think of checking it on the truck side of the plug...just changed the cord with a working spare that I had. Still doesn't work.
    Brake lights, markers, and left signal work but no right signal.
    I'm not sure if there are separate fuses for trailer signals to check...or if it'll be a wire in the chassis node harness?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Have you tried moving the electric cord around at the trailer plug? The plug on your trailer maybe worn out, or you could have a loose prong.

4. skman

skman Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    Yeah I tested the cord before it plugs into the trailer plug and there's no signal coming through for the RH trailer signal. So I figured it was the cord but it wasn't. I never checked the cord connector on the truck yet (beside the airline ports). I'll take a look there tomorrow for power before the connector.
    I'll have to check to see off signal is coming through the chassis node when signal is applied but I'm not sure which pins to test on there. Can't find a schematic on Quickserve

5. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    2015 389 PeteGlider My left turn signal on the front, hood and mirror went out recently. My rear left turn signals and left side of trailer worked fine. I found out that there was a separate fuse for the front left signals and the rear of tractor and left trailer signals.

6. skman

skman Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    I can't see anything in the fusebox that says LH/RH on my KW. I haven't checked the power distribution box under the hood yet. I know it has a bunch of chassis node fuses in there...so I'll check when it gets back to the shop.
    I called KW and they said to check a round plug up by the chassis node and look for bad pin or wire. If it's good there...then follow that plug to the pigtail plug on the back of the truck and there might be a break in there.
    I hate wiring lol

7. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    5A54C295-288D-4301-9C27-82F982DEA7C7.png 38303598-FCAC-45E4-88B8-03AC9F3D1F1D.png Mine is in the box under the hood. I think it was the power g3 for the left front turn. I assume the rear will be in the same box.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.