RIST Transportstion, in CNY

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by HauntedSchizo19, Sep 2, 2014.

1. HauntedSchizo19

HauntedSchizo19 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Southern Tier, New York
    Does anyone know much about RIST Transportation, in Central New York? I've got an interview with them on Friday, and haven't been able to find out too much information on/about them.

Thanks for any help, in advance!

Sorry about the misspelling of "transportation" in the title of the thread, I typed it from my phone!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RoadCall

RoadCall Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2012
    CNY? ... Is that NYC?

4. HauntedSchizo19

Dec 19, 2013
    Southern Tier, New York
    CNY = Central New York

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  5. RoadCall

RoadCall Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Oh sorry. I'm from Queens and there's only the city, the island and upstate ny, lol

crazeydude Thanks this.
  6. HauntedSchizo19

Dec 19, 2013
    Southern Tier, New York
    You're all good; It's a more than relevant question. I've heard it called Central New York before. It's out around Rochester, NY.

7. wreckdiver

wreckdiver Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2014
    near Binghamton, NY
    Let me know how you make out...I'm looking at going with them also. One of their trainers lives down the hill from me here in Candor and he appears to be home most every weekend. I applied a while ago and they didn't want to talk to me until I got my CDL which just happened today!!!

8. HauntedSchizo19

Dec 19, 2013
    Southern Tier, New York
    Will do! What other companies are you looking into? PM me, if you need any help! Congrats on getting your CDL today!

9. draker

draker Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2014
    I worked for them from November of last year till March of this year. Good company. Good equipment. Poor miles and pay. Being regional I got about 2,000-2,200 miles at .34/mile. Wasn't making enough money for me. Good luck to you

wreckdiver Thanks this.
  10. pchandler99

pchandler99 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Been with RIST since April of this year. The company is good. Miles are there just jave to want to run them. I average around 2,000 miles a week and being in syracuse I get home 1 to 2 times a week plus weekends. Freight usually runs through or to syracuse so that's perfect for me. Equipment is OK they are getting alot of new freightliners. Run new jersey quite a bit. We do have long runs to chicago, ohio, west virginia, maine. Do run to Long Island quite frequently. Just got my hazmat so I will get my penny raise just to carry it. About 90% of our loads are non hazardous. Any questions feel free to ask.

11. Csdsm18

Csdsm18 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Any info on RIST. Are they a good company with strong background? Anybody any of the perks or benefits for working with them? Any reviews? Can't find to much about them. Looking for a long term company to stick around with.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.