Ritchie Bros

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Mahertruck, May 26, 2017.

1. Mahertruck

Mahertruck Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2017
    To buy semi truck from Ritchie Bros
    Risk or okay .. did Ritchie Bros give warranty if you buy from them ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    It's an auction. It's 'as is' unless the truck is still under factory warranty.

Here this from their website.

'At Ritchie Bros. we sell everything "as is, where is." For added confidence, visit the auction site to test and inspect the equipment before you bid, or send someone to do the inspection for you.'

TallJoe, wore out and passingthru69 Thank this.
  4. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

They only sell one owner well maintained low hour units with fresh paint over the grease. Lol

5. gentran

gentran Light Load Member

May 21, 2016
    They r supposed to be selling all of graebals trucks and trailers with no reserve

6. Mahertruck

Mar 9, 2017
    I went today to the Ritch brother's yard
    and I took a look at the truck the one I was thinking to get it freightliner casc
    2015 mileage 250k
    too many rust almost everywhere frame and axle and rust around the hup seal and rims I open the hood take a look rust and sign for oil leak .. from inside I need a lot of work to make it good. Tires over use and I think the truck at the yard from at least 2 to 3 months when you see truck like this what you think You think to get it or never mind ..

7. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Don't forget the FULL bundle of oil absorb pads in the under carage of a little D6. Seen that with a cat one outfit I worked for sent the the auction. Then they bought a 312 or something simular small sized excavator from the Vegas RB Auction that must have been rolled as the cab was just about to fall off when they unloaded it. But dang they sure where purdy yellow with the fresh paint.

passingthru69 Thanks this.
  8. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    My brother in law only bought his trucks there. Four so far. He just goes to the auction the day ahead of the sale. They have the keys in them so you can fire them up, crawl around then and check out if it seems okay.

9. Mahertruck

Mar 9, 2017
    If the engine start I don't think will be enough I tell why I believe the truck need to go mechanic shop when you see the truck you can tell %100 not ready for the road rust in everywhere air bags looks like not in good condition rear axle rust whole the way brake drum so black rims rust hub seal
    Four tires over use fifth wheel making crazy sounds when you pull it leaves spring heavy rust frame rust and for sure battery's need to get new one .. from inside the truck need big job to make it good condition .. engine rust and dry hoses and I think sign for leak So what you think if truck engine start it will be enough ?

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  10. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    That's the point, is to look at it and listen to it. It doesn't tell you if it's a winner, but it does tell you if it's a loser.
    Then you get a low price in your head that you wouldn't pay anymore for it. Then if the bidding is cheap enough you buy it, keeping in mind that you are taking a lot of risk.
    Then if you do get it and it turns out it does have real issues, then you just put it back into the next auction.

DDlighttruck and AModelCat Thank this.
  11. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    The only thing would buy there is a made out out stone sculpture to put in my backyard somewhere. You look at it and you want it "as is", not otherwise.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.