Posting on companies for wrongdoing on social media works

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Pupo, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Pupo

Pupo Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Posting on Companies and getting attention works.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Basically, you’re $500 and some layover pay?

If that’s correct, my advice is move and don’t waste anymore time and resources on it. If you really feel strong about it, go to small claims court. But, to me anyway, it wouldn’t be worth the cost of an attorney.

For future reference, never ever ever trust a broker to give you the correct appointment time. Brokers will lie every time.

You should call shipper or receiver directly and confirm for yourself.

Pupo and Lonesome Thank this.
  4. Doing_flatbed_nc

Doing_flatbed_nc Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Even huge brokerages mess stuff up.

As soon as I get a rate confirmation, I call the receiver to make sure all the times/ dates/ off loading equipment is correct.

I do this before I pick the load up.

It is much easier to get off a load that you haven't picked up than to deal with a sh I try situation at the receiver.

I'm not some perfect arse hole. I learned my lesson through trial and error.

Had a "conestoga only" load go to n. Charleston. Arrive at the receiver during business hours and they have no way to unload a flatbed. WT actual F?

Had a broker tell me a straight thru is ok on a 120 mile load- be there by 2:00.

Called receiver en route to be told that if I arrive one minute past 12:00, he won't touch the load. I got there at 11:49- no spit.

I never ever ever ever touch a pick up until I know the receiver can unload when I get there.

8/10 the broker you book a load with is just a prick kid trying to clear a line off his screen.

KB3MMX, jsnell and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.