RMN DC 200 yellow light

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Infosaur, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I'm sure this was covered in one of the voluminous instruction books I was handed. (The ones that devote an entire chapter to plugging it in. :rolleyes:)

But I had an issue this morning I can't find an answer for and I thought I'd throw it out here, either for an answer or to help anyone else.

Before I go any farther, the fix was unplug, count to 10 and replug it back.

So our company has decided its most prudent that every driver personally holds onto their ELD, and swaps that from truck to truck when slip seating. If you're assigned a "puck" then it's on you if you lose it, and you don't have to sync your phone/tablet to twenty odd trucks in the morning.

(For comedy, try to log in and sync when you have 15 trucks using the identical system within Bluetooth range. And yes some of our guys connect to the wrong truck and leave the yard, resulting in incorrect data down the line that tech support has to fix.)

So this morning after a 3 day weekend and a cold snap, my ELD was in the cupholder in a 30 degree truck. (6am) I plug it in, start and log in my tablet and go to do my PTI.
    I come back and it (my ELD puck) is still glowing white (boot up) now this normally takes two minutes so that's odd. I hook to my trailer and go to leave and now it's flashing yellow. Does that for about a mile.
    At the first traffic light I set the brakes, reach over and disconnect it, wait a minute and then reconnect it. (Figure it's gonna work or it's not) and as I pull off after about a minute and a half it goes from white (boot) to yellow (?) to blue (sync) to green (connected-normal) so it looks like it sorted itself out.

Really I just want to remember what the yellow is supposed to represent. Probably an error, these things have been proven to be temperamental in extreme temperatures (leave it on the dash in direct sunlight on a 90+ day and it'll start randomly dropping the Bluetooth connection.) and it's been a while but I remember there are issues with cold too.

Bank_Lbr Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.