Roadmasters San Antonio any good?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by idividebyzero, Jun 28, 2018.

1. idividebyzero

idividebyzero Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2018
    for those who have actually been to the san antonio location, is the school decent? Do they give you lots of driving time? The schools lot seems tiny on google maps compared to other roadmaster locations so i do not know how that would effect backing and lot maneuver practice. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    There are a couple of private companies on 87,that will train you to get your CDL for like $600.I went through Sage myself.Roadmaster will force you to work for Warner.

4. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    I live in San Antonio and see those roadmaster trucks all over the #### place. They definitely get driving time. My suggestion would me get your cdl through a company and work for a year and it's free. Key word, good company.

5. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    There is a company Capital Puming,that will train you to drive,and operate a concrete pump truck.I believe the food companies like Sysco will train also.
    All driving schools are going to do is train you to pass the test (That’s it)then they are going to kick you down the road.

6. idividebyzero

idividebyzero Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Im using my gi bill so school cost doesnt really matter. You get what u pay for from my experience so I rather not go to some no name discount school. Most important thing tho is that I get a job after for OTR, doesnt matter what company.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    [​IMG]
    Labatt Food Service will hire you with only a cdl permit and train you to get a cdl while paying you a salary at the same time.
    If you decide you don't care for trucking, then you still have all your GI Bill money intact to train for another career.

8. BIGLEFTYINTX

BIGLEFTYINTX Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2017
    Is roadmaster expensive,Yes. Is it worth it? all depends on your needs. I just graduated today with my license. Southern careers is cheaper,but your testing out with DPS depends on the DPS schedule and can be booked out . Roadmasters has DPS inspectors on site and you will test out when you complete your schooling.
    Don't forget, many companies will reimburse you for your schooling.This will make it free,so cost is meaningless

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.