RoadMasters School

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by CorsairFanboy, Feb 26, 2018.

1. CorsairFanboy

CorsairFanboy Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Any1 have any experience with this school? Do you know the cost? It seems to be a bit on the higher side.

Need4Speed and HTDMoe Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    I think they are werners training school. Werner is a lousey company. Tuff way to live your life.

HTDMoe and CorsairFanboy Thank this.
  4. CorsairFanboy

Feb 19, 2018
    I didn't like that part but I need a school that offers automatic. I don't mind the restriction. Most companies out there have full auto fleets so it won't be a problem nowadays.

5. federal221

federal221 Heavy Load Member

Mar 29, 2010
    new haven,IN
    I went through Roadmasters years ago back in 09 mixed feelings for them went to Werner after I was done stayed there before I moved on

CorsairFanboy Thanks this.
  6. ArcticWolves

ArcticWolves Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014
    USA
    CR England. They train in Automatics and you'll have that restriction.

As for Roadmaster's, I attended them in 2014 at the Fontana, CA facility and the DMV examiners had it out for that school to not pass them. It was so bad Roadmaster's and Werner trained their trainers to be examiners and do it right on their facility now. Long story short lots of students failed different areas of the pre-trip/skills/driving and were not being immediately scheduled to go back. We were coming to class for brush-ups on whatever it was we missed at no pay. Couldn't take it any longer and I'm still paying back that loan to this day.

They get you in first by saying the school is only this much. Then they wait for you to be done halfway through the program (1st week you haven't really touched a truck yet all been classroom primarily) and call you back to a room. In that room you sign your loan but now that you're already in the program and if you didn't read through the 20 pages of small print you are forced to sign for a loan that is much higher then what they originally told you. Unfortunately, it's too late and you can't back out. You are now stuck with that loan. Good luck! I will never ever recommend Werner or Roadmaster's for this shady bait and switch tactic.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Need4Speed, HTDMoe and CorsairFanboy Thank this.
  7. CorsairFanboy

Feb 19, 2018
    Thanks for your testimony. I knew there was something fishy about it. I know most schools are garbage, at least around my area. I convinced my friend to just bite the bullet and learn on a manual. Just get the licence and you'll never touch a manual again. Most of the industry is moving to autos.

8. HTDMoe

HTDMoe Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Worst decision. I've made $7k

9. HTDMoe

HTDMoe Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Sorry $7k before all the bogus fees, i owe approx $11k

10. CorsairFanboy

Feb 19, 2018
    No bueno. Found a local one. We will be paying Cash for her to attend it then find employment and go from there. I know better than to fall for these scams with the Megas.

11. hoptrot

hoptrot Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Southeast, GA
    Go to a Technical College/vocational school to get your license if at all possible. usually, you can get grants to pay for most if not all of your tuition.

CorsairFanboy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.