roadpro blow gun installation

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Black_Knight85, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Black_Knight85

Black_Knight85 Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Title says it all...I just bought it at a truck stop in Colby, KS no installation kit was provided. I'm sure it's a simple installation however being that I'm in a company truck I don't want to make any mistakes. Anyone who's done this before help would be appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    It's pretty straightforward, carefully cut the plastic Supply Airline to the Seat using a razor, splice in the brass Tee Fitting for the Blowgun using the provided fittings, tighten the fittings and you're done. Most Blowgun kits should come with the Airline Fittings, hopefully yours did.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  4. Black_Knight85

Black_Knight85 Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2015
    The Supply Airline is the blue one correct?

5. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I don't know what color Airlines are inside your truck to your Seat, mine were black. You're going to have to trace the line, usually it will be the one coming up though the floor of the Cab of the truck right by your Seat. If you're not too sure, ask or show a Mechanic or Driver who's familiar with trucks the Airline in question.

6. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Not the lines behind your sleeper, it goes to the black air line on ether your driver seat or passenger seat

Lepton1, mrbmg and x#1 Thank this.
  7. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    If you don't like the coiled up plastic you can order this from all over the place. Just search on braided air hose. This is what I have. You can cut the fittings off and get new ones to fit. They can be found in the plumbing section of Home Depot or other hardware stores. This hose is soft and pliable and doesn't get caught on things like that other hard plastic stuff

[​IMG]

blairandgretchen, MJ1657 and mrbmg Thank this.
  8. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Really come on really you . Well never mind. I don't want to get banned

Dinomite Thanks this.
  9. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I've seen blue lines on the seat supply. As said, carefully splice and tighten up good.

I like that braided line there Skate-Board !

10. x#1

x#1 Road Train Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Cherokee County, Alabama
    sound advice regardless of the color of the line.use the line that supplies your seat.it will be the one attached to the button/valve/switch that raises and lowers your seat.

11. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    Drain all the air out of the system first.

Theres such thing as being cautious: this is well past that. Drain, slice, t, tighten, start truck & charge air up, blow dust around cab- voila beginning to end just like that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.