Robert Bearden Inc (RBI)

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by islandheart, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Wanderer1

Wanderer1 Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Ask your daughter
    Anyone currently with RBI?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    I know this post is old and you might not see it, but it may help others. My dispatcher was Jami Ray and everything was fine for the most part, but what got to me was that she would put me on JIT reefer loads out of the blue and it forced me to drive through the night. That's not a bad thing though...I just got tired of being surprised this way. I left in late 2014 and moved to Texas and got on with a reefer company making .34 straight pay. First full year I made $12K more than my best year at RBI where I was making .35 per diem(12cents IIRC). That per diem nonsense is a royal screwjob! Ok, so many argue about end of the year taxes. Well, I got around $750 back in Georgia...got about $1,400 back in Texas. Easy to see whats going on here.

As for miles...you have to be proactive. Let them know in advance of what you can run and when you'll be empty and such. Yes, they should know all this already, but you know how dispatch can be. Be on time and run a tight ship and prove yourself. One thing others said that is right...you'll run your tail off if you play your cards right. I hit 138K miles in 2013, but the gross pay was pitiful.

I never payed much attention to the Quickway thing. I don't care if the company was bought out by Bozo the clown...I just care about what goes into the bank on Friday.

*edit* just saw I already answered this in 2013. Oops.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    windchaser7 Thanks this.
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Wanderer1

Wanderer1 Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Ask your daughter
    Looking for current info about RBI.....

6. Twan

Twan Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Does rbi have a rider policy

• Truckers Report Jobs