Robert De Niro struggling to keep up with wife’s spending

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Apr 17, 2021.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    DeNiro is washed up and trying to stay relevant...frankly his bs that he has spew the last several years..screw him..karma is a you know what..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Amen !

4. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Yep.

Trying to stay relevant with his Young crowd that should be crucifying him for his Stereotypical portrait of New York types and mobsters.

5. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    I won't even watch old movies with old man De Niro anymore.

bzinger and tommymonza Thank this.
  6. calnca

calnca Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Bella Vista, AR
    By thinking ANYONE cares about their political opinions.

Too many people think actors and athletes are "icons", and that their opinion means something more than anyone else.......not so.

Keep politics OUT of entertainment......or I will continue to avoid contributing to their fortunes.

Just like MLB moving the All-Star game from Atlanta.......waaay to much of a "woke" move....again stay out of politics and I might come back, but since they started the kneeling thing in the NFL I have refused to watch anymore games.......bunch of overpaid kids who think their thoughts are relevant.

7. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I could care less what a person (any person) thinks politically. Just don't try and tell me how I am supposed to think.

If these athletes and movie stars and musicians wanna voice their opinions, that's fine, they have the right. But when I spend money to go see a concert or sporting event, I don't wanna hear their opinions. I want what I pay for, be it a concert or whatever.

I went to a Billy Joel concert. He got up on stage and did what he does best. Awesome show. I picked up a magazine couple weeks later at the doctor's office and there he was. I read the interview they did, and it turned political. He's a democrat, he said so in the interview, and then made it known that he doesn't mix his political views with his audience. I have tons of respect for someone like that. Even though I disagree with him, he gets up on stage and does what he's paid to do.

Far as DeNiro, well he's a great actor, but over the last few years he's gotten lost in politics. And that unfortunately overshadows the work he does on the big screen.

8. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Hmmmmm......ok....so......

I actually share the same sentiments about social issues in entertainment. However, they have a platform to command and influence many people. If you had the same platform, you would use it too. If athletes and actors were spewing verbiage issues that you cared about, you wouldn't feel this way. You would applaud that and continue to put your money towards. If they were promoting firearm use, religion, and support our troops, many of you would be ok with it. The NFL uses the entire month of November to honor the military. Does that not invoke political feelings? They use the entire month of October to promote breast cancer awareness. What's wrong with that? Once issues of domestic violence occurred, many of you didn't stop watching because they used the platform to end domestic violence. Once these entities decided they wanted to promote racial/gender equality, now you want to stop watching. I tend to believe that anybody who stopped watching didn't really love those sports anyway. The problem is, when it comes to those issues, many of you, and you know who you are, want to stick your head in the sand because it doesn't affect you. My thing is, if they can use the platform to promote awareness about domestic violence, diseases, and the military, why can't they use the platform to promote awareness about racial/gender equality? I don't see why that bothers so many people.

You don't like the MLB All Star Game out of Atlanta. Guess what: just like you have a right to stop watching because their political/social views don't line up with yours, the MLB has the right to not do business in Atlanta at this time. They don't have to support those laws made if they don't want to....its not a "woke" move, it's their own move. They used their freedoms, which many of your preach about on TTR, so don't get mad at them using their freedoms to use their platforms to promote awareness on topics. It'll make you sound two faced.

Also, if you want them to not use their platforms to speak on anything, take out the anthem before games too...that's using the platform to promote nationalism and patriotism....oh yeah....and freedom.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    daf105paccar, mjd4277 and not4hire Thank this.
  9. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    It's funny when someone, on the one hand, complains about celebrities and entertainers exercising their right to express their beliefs and then, on the other, uses a (fake) meme with their favored celebrity or entertainer espousing a preferred sentiment (that they never actually did).

daf105paccar, mjd4277 and bryan21384 Thank this.
  10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    If I could have thanked your post twice, I would do it. It baffles my mind too. People want you to have all rights and freedoms, except the ones they don't want you to have....lol

mjd4277 and not4hire Thank this.
  11. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Midnight Run, great funny flick.
    upload_2021-4-19_11-45-21.jpeg

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.