Rocks thrown up ruins my weekend!!

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by bentstrider83, Jan 29, 2022.

1. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Be around the younger crowds enough, or at least on their forums and sub-reddits and you'll see it used quite frequently.

Boondock, RockinChair and homeskillet Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Dont feel bad, i was confused when i first heard it too. Apparently it comes from a scene in that one soywars movie. But its funny enough i adopted its use. Sometimes my so called "peers" come up with words that are amuseing enough to keep. Though more often then not i weep for the future of spoken and written grammer.

Boondock, Feedman, REO6205 and 2 others Thank this.
  4. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Well, that's the problem.

I'm an "empty nest-er", and I don't hang around on reddit.

This forum is about as "tech" as I get.....so, there it is.

5. bentstrider83

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    I'm unmarried, no kids, and apart from the job and road trips by myself, I'm usually at home all the time. So social media is pretty much my outlet. I'm nearing 40 now. But even when I was in my teens/20s, I was still a curmudgeonly, introverted loner. Handball at the courts, but when the crowd showed up, I ran over to the '71 GMC I had at the time and peeled out into the sunset.

All I can say is that once social media became a thing in the mid 2000s, I was a proverbial shoo-in.

Boondock and homeskillet Thank this.
  6. bentstrider83

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    On to the broken window. I'm just going to duct tape some Lowe's plastic sheeting to the replaced window after it gets fixed. After that scare, I figure an added layer of clear plastic will act as a sort of shield for the regular glass. At this point I'm now too paranoid of "lightning striking twice". I mean a rock thrown up can't do much damage to a clear plastic sheet put up over the new tempered glass.

That and I don't plan on ever opening the window. I usually just crack the door slightly if I need to talk to someone at the gate.

Boondock Thanks this.
  7. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    The "Plastic Sheeting" might grab the attention of some d.o.t. wanker and maybe geet u a ticket for "unclear/distorted vision thru window" or something written in d.o.t. incomphrehenunsensibility (or a werd er 2 to that effect).

8. bentstrider83

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    I normally only do NM-TX-OK-CO-KS and back. These states seem pretty chill for the most part. Only TX seemed to have inspected me the most so far(two inspects over a 6 year period). Everyone else in this region seems to be quiet.

I'll just do it and explain in the case of a pullover. I mean, the sheeting is clear enough to pass as glass.

Boondock and Val_Caldera Thank this.
  9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Can’t do that anymore. My T-680 had to get a new windshield barely a month and a half into driving it due to a freeze/thaw defect causing a foot and a half fracture from the bottom of the windshield almost to the middle. With sensors they put in these newer trucks it’s a little more tedious now. Took about about 4 1/2 hours to get my windshield replaced(mostly because the truck had to stay in the shop at room temperature so the new seal could seat properly around the windshield-it was too cold to leave the truck outside).

Boondock, mtoo and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  10. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    If you don't like the way people drive on rural highways then you're going to really hate dealing with city traffic, especially during rush hour.

11. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I really don't want to be that guy, but I think you meant "grammar."

Chieftains and Rubber duck kw Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.