Roehl 15 hour clock 6 hours of drive

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Burlyfish, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Burlyfish

Burlyfish Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2021
    Talk about getting a gut punch this company is so bad about giving drive hours and make it a point to have you at the docks for 3 hours waits. Or they will schedule you to drop off and have your next load 6 hours later in the day making you work a 15 hour day and use personal conveyance to get you parked for the night.
    Not a week went by that my FM did not mention that i might have to use PC to get parked because they send you to the docks with less then 2 hours on your clock. Even when you try to get things scheduled to prevent it they always have a way of jerking your hours around making sure you are used and abused. They are professionals when it comes to getting the full 14 out of there works and not getting them the drive time to make it worth while.
    It really should be illegal for companies to take such advantage of there drivers in such ways. But then again with Roehl they make it a point to send some drivers through hell so the quit or get fired. If not then they would have to buy more Trucks to put all the new drivers they train in. There is no doubt in my miond as to this is what they have to do when they recruit and train 30+ drivers each week and promised them a truck n phase 3 ..well then they have to oust them so they can continue to promise they next victim a truck.

bigblue19, mjd4277 and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    The Truck DRIVER is Responsible For The Time DRIVING, Not Dispatch.
    When The DRIVER Determines He or She To Not Drive, The Truck STOPS!

Personal Conveyance time is Personal however, sadly, these MANY Companies somehow believe that whatever time it takes Drivers to arrive to Truck, say 4-8 hours as an example, that TIME is Not Considered and Driver Is Expected To Drive a Regular 14 Clock, to Equal, for example, an 18-22 Hour Day.
    Such is From WHY WE Have Accidents and Fatalities!

YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF THE TRUCK, Not Dispatch!!
    YOU Fail To Follow Common Sense Rules, like not "running out of or running over Allowed Hours", YOU ARE BLAMED, Not Dispatch.

When You're TIRED, STOP!!
    When You're Close To Out Of Hours, STOP!!

Your Life Is Yours, Control It!!

(how far does a Truck Travel Without Fuel?)

4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Tell them NO! It is illegal for a company to coerce anyone into violating regulations. Save you texts, take pictures of any QC messages that do this then go to this site and file a complaint. Coercion | FMCSA

5. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Roehl is a POS outfit. Do yourself a favor and leave and never give old Rick a second thought the rest of your life.

6. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    Frank did you drive for them? By your tone it seems like you have personal experience, but maybe not.

7. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    Unfortunately, I did. I lasted about 6 months IIRC.

The OP is right. They’ll run you ragged with short little trips. I ran 3 loads one day and never left Chicago, all back and forth to the rail yards. I think the longest trip I ever had there was about 600 miles.

It was around ten years ago when I drove there, but back then it was a LOT of those heavy rolls of paper. I had to take a load of that crap into New York City once. Talk about sucking.

What used to just burn my arse up was sitting around for 2 or 3 hours waiting on a “preplan” (funny, I thought you got those BEFORE you were empty, lol) and them expecting you to run your arse off and barely make to your appointment.

The whole place is just another mismanaged mega that can’t pull their head out of their arse.

Anyway, doesn’t sound like much has changed at that crap hole. Lol

8. CowboyTim

CowboyTim Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2018
    See, you just weren't updating your ETA's and NAT's properly.

9. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    I updated them. The only update they took seriously was when I quit. I bet I had everyone but old Rick himself calling me trying to talk me out of it.

nredfor88, Mototom, TB John and 2 others Thank this.
  10. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Yes it should.
    The problem is that truck drivers aren't covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act, but everyone else is. So if somebody has to wait without getting paid, guess who it's going to be.

11. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Its up to you to set the tone right away, I am in the middle interviewing for a company, told the owner right up front, I do not run over hours,two weeks out and Im coming home for a week, wont take a POS truck or trailer. Told him I will only run southern states, nothing above Interstate 40. So basicly east coast and back and Im headed to the house when Im empty.
    Not treats just the way it is. I run at night, so if you see the truck parked between noon and midnight dont call.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.