ROEHL BOUND... June 14th... Relief and excitement!

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by hindsy, May 18, 2010.

1. hindsy

hindsy Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2010
    USA
    :biggrin_255:Got confirmation today that I am a "go" for heading to Marshfield for training on June 14th. Time to get things tied up at home. I work till the 4th of June and then will have the following week off to get things in order before I leave for school. I'm heading in with a positive attitude and an understanding of the way things really work out there. :biggrin_255:

My wife and I decided that we would close up our apartment and she is going to take the kids a move in with her folks for a little while. The summer at least, possibly a little longer, but no more than a year. Need to save some cash and get through this first year of trucking. On top of the fact that I will simply feel much better knowing that they are safe and with family. It will also help her to get through the change of lifestyle. Not to mention that grandma is our babysitter too while my wife is at work. It just makes sense!

I think I will be setting her up with a username here before I go so she'll have some people that know what she is going through to talk with. We've got good cell phones and I am going to buy a blue tooth as soon as I can.

I'm ready to get started!

Baack, Lonesome, JustSonny and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rotax74

rotax74 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2010
    holland patent, ny
    congrats on going to roehl.. i thought you already had your license im testing tomorrow for my state so hopefully we will catch each other on the road sometime.

kickin chicken Thanks this.
  4. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Great news Hindsy! I've read a lot of good stuff about Roehl. Keep in touch while you're in training!:biggrin_25514:

hindsy Thanks this.
  5. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    Congratulations, and good luck.

Day one will be very nerve wracking. Just remember to not drink or consume any caffeine prior to day one.
    This is when they do the Drug Test and work well physical. I'm sure that you have seen the other threads here about that item, as many other companies do something very similar.
    They are looking for a Target heart rate, as well as how quickly your body can lower that heard rate between exercises. The only one that has a set pace is the one in which you are are repeatedly climging a set of "stairs" paces to a metronome ( the clock like thingy that set time in music).
    Otherwise, it was very standard. Push\Pull a certain amount of simulated weight. Properly climb in and out of a trailer, properly lift various amounts of weight.

hindsy and Everett Thank this.
  6. hindsy

hindsy Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2010
    USA
    I have seen the stair thing on the paperwork. But how fast are they going to want me to go? I mean I'm not running a stair marathon... lol I should be fine with everything, even with that one unless they try to dictate your pace. If I'm out on the flatbed or even a van I'm not running up and down stairs. I'm walking at a normal pace. 30 stairs in 60 seconds? or is it faster than that.
    I've actually given up most of the caffeine. I drink one can of soda a day. Think I'll make sure not to drink any that weekend at all.

7. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

That was Very smart setting up your family like that.

Best Of Luck !!!!!

hindsy and kickin chicken Thank this.
  8. kickin chicken

kickin chicken Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2009
    SC
    Best of Luck, Hindsy:)

[​IMG]

hindsy Thanks this.
  9. SUPERTRUCKER6904

SUPERTRUCKER6904 Bobtail Member

May 20, 2010
    Good luck with roehl..... Watch ur ever move they will get rid of u at the drop of a hat... Just watch urself....

Everett and hindsy Thank this.
  10. treasurelake1

treasurelake1 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2010
    nothcentral,PA
    :biggrin_255:Hope you the best of luck and don't believe every negative comments that you hear or read. This is what i mean by stay away from the negative people and look for the positive of your new adventure with Roehl. Also if you go to the terminals watch when you go in the waiting room a lot of negative there. Just stay focused on hindsy and your family and you will do fine. Go with your gut feeling and you will do just fine. Wish you the best of luck:biggrin_255: Yes they will watch you its there equipment, so try to stay away from mr. supertrucker6904 type of attitude nothing personal supertrucker6904 just a business. All of you stay safe and have a good trip.

hindsy and Everett Thank this.
  11. whydontchahey

whydontchahey Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2007
    Ohio
    Congrats hindsy! On the blue tooth,I recommend the blue parrot. They are $100,but they are worth it. They are noise canceling and have great ear volume. U can buy them at Loves truck stop.
    I would steer clear of the cobra head sets! The ear volume is terrible on those!!

hindsy and smokies276 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.