Roehl Driver Check In Continued

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Treefork, Jun 4, 2013.

1. coopnp

coopnp Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    85 in FL lol currently running my AC in my truck. Left home yesterday only to return. Hate when they do this but yet it's better than most places to be driving IMO

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Medium Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    NW PA
    Unless things have changed...there is no lounge/shower in Phoenix, and when the office people leave you get to use the porta-potty outside.

4. DsquareD

DsquareD Road Train Member

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    You should've seen the old place. It was kind of like Oscar the Grouch's garbage can... only slightly larger, no showers and the lounge was a closet next to the bathroom with furniture that was taken from a yard sale after a Tennessee tornado.

DirkSteel and goblue Thank this.
  5. DsquareD

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    After 6 border crossings since Tuesday, I'm still confused. I crossed at two locations that did not require a manifest if empty and no stamp with associated fee.

But today I crossed in Champlain, NY and was told to fill out a manifest. Then he rattled off some instructions on where to park and pay. I started toward what I thought was where I was supposed to go and saw trucks parked at an inspection loading dock, so I figured I must have to go around a very large snow bank and enter there. Next thing I knew I was approaching the exit gate, so I pulled over.

While I was trying to figure out which building he was talking about a border patrol pulled up and asked what I was doing. I explained and she turned on her blue lights, then said I had to turn around and I should follow her. Before we got turned around she took my manifest to the guard in the shack and then she went around the guard shack. I asked if I needed to continue following her. He said, "No.We'll wave the fee today."

I'm a well blessed man and sometimes I forget, so this was a good reminder for me to be thankful.

DirkSteel Thanks this.
  6. DsquareD

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    I'm at a shipper in Plattsburgh, NY.

While waiting, I'm enjoying some chocolate chip cookies from Kwik Trip. I love these things and I buy them by the dozen. For anyone who cares there are several truck friendly Kwik Trips in Wisconsin.

There's one in Oakcreek just across the interstate from the yard.

Not too far from Appleton there is one on highway 76 at US-41.

The one across from the Country Express truck stop in Green Bay has parking for a couple of trucks and a truck fuel island.

There's also one near Tomah? I think, right near a Walmart DC.

I think there's a few more, with truck services. Hudson rings a bell.

Anyway, just thought I'd toss that out there.

goblue Thanks this.
  7. kardolmer

kardolmer Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Monticello MN
    Home for the weekend. My dedicated account shut down till monday due to the storm.

8. DsquareD

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    Enjoy your long weekend.

9. flash01

flash01 Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Phoenix has definitely changed. There is a small lounge with TV microwave washer and dryer 8x4 table with ten chairs ice machine and a shower. Oh and full restroom in lunch.

Cheryl Thanks this.
  10. DsquareD

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    Rest area near Glens Falls, NY on I-87.

Time for sleep. Getting up at 0230 CST. I'm really liking these early starts as opposed to late evenings. Seems like I'm almost always working against the 14 hour clock instead of the 11 and I hate trying to park late at night when you have to make your own parking space.

DirkSteel Thanks this.
  11. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    exit 28, 43, and 145 on I-94, 28 and 145 have diners.

DsquareD Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted