Roehl GYCDL

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Rabletruck, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Rabletruck

Rabletruck Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Hello there!

So I am fairly new to everything in this trucking world but I am ultimately interested in pursuing this job. I just have one question. That’s been nagging at me.

My question is: when I enter my zip code (central FL) it says they’re not hiring near me, but I am willing to travel to the GA location. I put in a GA address then and it lets me proceed though. So my question is: has anyone lived in a state other than one where there is a Roehl warehouse (sorry, can’t think of th correct term right now...) like FL or AL or wherever and been successful at commuting from your house to your base? Or do I have to live in the same area as where I train/there is a warehouse?

Please let me know! I’d appreciate all the help!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You must live in the "hiring area" the company uses. The hiring area is based on the freight lanes where the company is making money. Doesn't have to be a terminal or warehouse anywhere near you.
    www.cfidrive.com hires in central Florida for their cdl school or if you attend private cdl school, they'll reimburse the tuition back to you.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Dapro and SOAthor Thank this.
  4. Rabletruck

Jun 10, 2018
    But I guess my main question is:does it really matter where I live though? If I’m gonna be commuting...say from ATL to MCO by car or plane once I get to my home terminal in ATL? And thanks for the link but I am trying to get my CDL while getting paid as I still have bills to pay down here. But thank you for your reply.

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Doesn't matter where you live as long as it's in the hiring area. Take the truck home or park it in a safe place near your home.
    Some cdl schools let you attend part time, if you can't afford to quit your present job. One guy in Orlando went to Roadmaster recently doing part time studies and it took him 8 weeks. He then signed on with CFI for tuition reimbursement. Freymiller also offered him a job with tuition reimbursement as a benefit.
    Probably several schools in your area with part time studies.

SOAthor Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @Ultratowel - did you find a place to park around Orlando?

7. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    If you are determined, get an address at that place and move your official life there, then your license and so forth will all line up.

Easier would be to find a local job where there's a chance of them training you. Like that big materials supplier that begins with a Y down there, somebody's name. Or try for a dock job with an LTL company and let them train you.

8. Rabletruck

Jun 10, 2018
    Well I have family that might let me use their address in Jacksonville, which is technically in their hiring area...that might work.

KF7WTV Thanks this.
  9. MCMarshall

MCMarshall Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2018
    @Chinatown To continue on this thread: I am attending a CDL school at a local community college in Florida. I am packing up all of my stuff, putting it in storage and moving to where ever the best job I find is. How can I make that known to companies like Roehl when I am applying? I have no family, so I don't need to get "home" time in any specific place. Some of us are trying to get out of nightmare-Florida. Thank you.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Apply with companies that hire in Florida and also hire where you want to relocate to. This way, you won't have to change companies and will only have to change your cdl when the time comes.
    @MCMarshall
    For example, these companies hire new cdl grads and hire in most states:
    Melton Truck Lines
    Freymiller
    Hire on with one of those two, then not worry about changing your address until you decide on a new place to live and get established there.
    You may like Texas or Nevada; no personal income taxes in those states and Nevada doesn't tax food either.
    You don't need to make it known to any trucking company that you plan to move to another state. After you're established in another state, then just tell the company of your new address.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @MCMarshall :
    ~~~~~~~~~Freymiller~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Melton Truck Lines~~~~~~~~~
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.