Roehl lease purchase good or bad?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Doublea120, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Add up the costs and fees..$4500 per month compared to maybe $2500 per month to buy a truck?
    You can see your paying a huge difference.. especially if they are dispatching you.
    The only way I would buy a truck is normal financing with 5% interest.:violent1:

Doublea120 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Doublea120 Thanks this.
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I think @Dave_in_AZ leases his truck from a third party and then leased on with Landstar. he might be able to tell you how to go that way.
    But a truck lease from a company usually means you are paying for a truck that will probably not ever belong to you. If you have to end up owning your own truck, work hard and save a lot of money for a down payment and reserve costs.

Doublea120 and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  5. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    The reason they continue to exist is because of people like you. No offense, but they take advantage of you and your ignorance of the situation. Take some real time to peruse the site here and learn the truth. Once you crunch the numbers it will be extremely obvious to you how these are designed to fail. You will also see only about 2 percent actually find it beneficial. A LP will only turn you into an indentured servant. Seriously.

Doublea120 and Justrucking2 Thank this.
  6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    There's are ways to determine whether or not a lease deal is good or not. Look at the payment schedule.

1.) Is it a weekly payment or a monthly payment? With a weekly payment, every time you go home for a week, or broke down, the payments quickly snowball.

2.) Tires and maintenance escrow accounts. The company you're leasing from takes out so much money per mile and puts this in a maintenance account. Do YOU have control over this account or do they? When you want tiredness your truck, can you get tires, or do you have to go to one of their terminals and get tires that were taken off of a company truck? Can a shop at your company's yard or that's affiliated with your company "inspect" your truck and take money out of your maintenance account without your consent? Can you pick and choose what shop does what repairs?

A good lease purchase program will be done in a way that works for the driver, NOT the company. If you can't go home without being punished, if others have access and control of your maintenance accounts, it is NOT a good program for you, the driver.

Gearjammin' Penguin and Rugerfan Thank this.
  7. Doublea120

Doublea120 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Chicago
    No offense taken its all constrctive

DSK333 Thanks this.
  8. Doublea120

Jan 28, 2018
    Chicago
    Didn' know about the maintenence account that would pissed me off if they took my money for my truck but I couldn' use it when needed

9. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    To kind of add on to what six said, a program like JCT for instance, won’t kill you on money lost if you take time off. It’s a mileage lease which I’m not a huge fan of, but you only have to run a small amount of miles a week to break even. They don’t charge $900 a week for a truck you’ll never own. They have an actual lease purchase. Not advocating for them, but it’s one of the more doable leases.

10. Doublea120

Jan 28, 2018
    Chicago
    Good to know I'll look into them aswell I do have lots of time to think about all of this a good year or two

11. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Don’t get me wrong, I don’t work there, but they seem to have a pretty easy system that’s affordable and realistic. I know what used to be Sammons but is now DSV, used to be a nice easy option if you wanted to run flatbed freight.

TripleSix Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.