Roehl Trainers Check- in/ New Roehl Drivers Check-in

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Pirate Trucker XOXX, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Pirate Trucker XOXX

Pirate Trucker XOXX Medium Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Orlando,Fl. & NC & VA
    Hello everyone, I'm Pirate Trucker XOXX, You may have seen a few of my posts lately and my concern with the possibility that I and others( I'm sure) will be comming out of orientation in the second week of Sept. won't have enough trainers available for myself or other future Roehl drivers. I'm starting this new thread so Trainers can talk/vent about the reasons (GOOD or BAD) that you the Trainer (LIKE or DISLIKE) about the job as a Trainer so (IF or WHEN) we get into YOUR truck we "newby's" will be most respectful and gratful for the service people like you provide. Please speek you mind, I think this may do all involved some good.

Thanks, Pirate Trucker XOXX

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowman01

snowman01 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2011
    North Carolina
    why are you hugging and kissing people you don't know Pirate Trucker XOXX?

4. Pirate Trucker XOXX

Aug 2, 2012
    Orlando,Fl. & NC & VA
    I am just trying to find out what the problem is with the Company/ Trainer/ New Driver issue that everyone see's and either won't or refuses(NOT MY PROBLEM) to help fix so my effort to shed so light on what I think is a problem, you choose to see as hugging and kissing then thats OK, I asked for opinions, and that's the first of many.

Thanks Pirate Trucker XOXX

5. Moriarti

Moriarti Medium Load Member

Jan 15, 2007
    NW Indiana
    He's just referring to the " XOXX " part, Pirate, he wasn't taking a dig at you.

6. Pirate Trucker XOXX

Aug 2, 2012
    Orlando,Fl. & NC & VA
    At the time of this post there has been 30 or so people look at this thread, but no input, Let me push this in a little different direction. I just finished CDL school in Orlando, FL. (Roadmaster) I want to come to work for Roehl Transport and I will be looking for a lot of information about the trucking business with Roehl and the process of how Roehl wants things to be, from A to Z. I am excited about learning how to be a great trucker, but I can't do it sitting at the house for 2 weeks or more waiting for a trainer, so it may seem dumb to some people that I'm wanting to start the search(in my own way) for a trainer that works for Roehl and that has some insite about the in's and out's of the dynamic between Trainer/Newby/Company, Because I need a Trainer and I'm worried that I will have to wait, when I really($$$$$$$) can't afford too.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, Pirate Trucker XOXX

7. Pirate Trucker XOXX

Aug 2, 2012
    Orlando,Fl. & NC & VA
    OK I didn't look at the "XOXX" that way, waybe I should look at maybe droping that part of the user name huh. just trying to keep it different so I won't have the same name as somebody from like years ago or something, sorry I took it the wrong way, and thanks.

Pirate Trucker.

8. bucksandducks

bucksandducks Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2007
    WI
    I thought the XOXX was kinda cute. Honestly, just try hard and check your attitude at the door. It seems like common sense but once in a while I would get someone who really didn't want to be there or gave me attitude. I would bend over backwards to help someone who was trying but if someone came into my truck and gave me attitude he became an extra log book and designated downtown Chicago driver.

Bigdubber Thanks this.
  9. Pirate Trucker XOXX

Aug 2, 2012
    Orlando,Fl. & NC & VA
    Hey bucksandducks, are you still a trainer? The designated Chicago thing Ha HA Ha lol, that's nice, So the key is to not be an ###hole! not a problem, First tip, Point taken, Thanks, more please.

Pirate Trucker XOXX

10. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Id say bring a sleeping bag and don't bring too many bags. Trainers don't like guys who pack for a month long vacation. A big bag or two small ones should be fine. Also don't take a shower for granted. Lol

Ethan

11. Pirate Trucker XOXX

Aug 2, 2012
    Orlando,Fl. & NC & VA
    Thanks Drty Diesel, I was hopeing you would join this conversation, Yea I know all about the "shower thing" I've seen the video on YouTube about the nasty ### trucker, and yes pack just what I'm going to need, what about food/water I guess I'll have to ask the trainer.

Thanks Drty Diesel, Pirate Trucker XOXX

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.