Roehl Transport, Inc. - Marshfield, Wi.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Cocky, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Road Dog

Road Dog Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2006
    If your still talking about Roehl,here goes.Roehl is the first co.I have driven for that had trip reports.My first week out I had the pretty well screwed up.No mileage,etc.Recieved a call from my DSR on the issue.He said payroll could not pay me without that info.To make a long story short he got in touch with payroll and between the two of them they estimated my mileage.The following week the money was in my checking acct.This incident showed me they were more than willing to straighten out a situation.Since then I have kept the trip reports right up to date along with my log book.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TheAngryFisherman

TheAngryFisherman Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2007
    I wanted to sign on with Roehl but they turned me down. Got my shiny new CDL in Sept. 06, the recruiter said they would not bring anyone on who has been out of school more than 90 days and not driving.

She told me I would need a refresher course. Heck can not afford that after paying all that money for school. Needless to say I'm kinda bummed out.

4. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Well did the recruiter say you can do that through Roehl's school. I would think you wouldn't have to pay for that if you sign on and drive for them for a stated period of time.

5. TheAngryFisherman

TheAngryFisherman Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2007
    She specifically mentioned CDL schools and said I should contact the school I went to. So I assumed that meant I could not do it with Roehl.

Thanks for the reply.

6. cdr

cdr Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2007
    west va.
    if they pre-hire you i think they will pay for the refresher course. a couple of guys in my school were refreshers for crst and usa and they didn't have to pay. seems like it was only abut 650.00. check with your school. mine has a lifetime free refresher course for graduated students.

7. javajunky

javajunky Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2007
    If your interested in roehl i would talk to someone else at roehl,something doesnt sound right,they have their own school and you train for 2 weeks before you get your own truck.{sometimes the recruiter doesnt know}

8. longingtodrive2

longingtodrive2 Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2006
    illinois
    how much experience does a person have to have to drive for this company? "Roehl"

9. Road Dog

Aug 1, 2006
    I signed on with Roehl with about 15 yrs.experience.However there were several guys in orientation who had just completed school.I have heard that Roehl has their own school,however I cannot verify that.Give them a call,I am sure they will fill you in on all of the options.

10. Road Dog

Aug 1, 2006
    Just finished another week out with Roehl.Not too bad for this time of the year.Mostly east coast and got home a day early,still wound up with 2500 miles.I still have not had any serious issues with them.Any problems I have had were taken care of by talking with my dispatcher,(DSR).

11. sphipps70

sphipps70 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Very good information in this thread.

I only have one question, I may have missed reading it and if I am asking something that already has been covered, I do apologize.

What is the company's policy on hiring ex-military? I am due to retire from the U.S Navy in 2009 after completing 21 years of service.

I have read that Roehl is a hard company to get into and I was wondering if my previous military experience would be beneficial.

Thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.