Roehl Transport, Inc. - Marshfield, Wi.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Cocky, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Homeboy

Homeboy Light Load Member

May 5, 2006
    touchin' em all
    I am sorry if I have discouraged you. These are my experiences. They may or may not reflect everyone's experience with Roehl. However, I assure you that everything I have posted HAS happened to me. I accept each dipatch and don't complain. Only after repeated attempts to find out why my actual experience is so much different from the advertised promises do I question my driver representative and then I receive little or no explanation. I only want what was advertised, nothing more and nothing less. I only hope things improve with seniority, but after talking to other more senior drivers that isn't looking too promising either.

Color me disappointed!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cdr

cdr Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2007
    west va.
    your comments were not the only ones that discouraged me. i know that there is good and bad in all companies, but it seems as if when it is bad with a trucking company, it is really bad. all i want to do is drive for a living, and i don't like the prospect of having no other job, and hating the one i have.

4. devildice

devildice Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Texas
    homeboy,
    sorry they didn't work out for you and I wish you the BOL

cdr,
    it has be said a million times over.......there is NO such thing as a perfect company.....anywhere you go, it will always be what YOU make of it.

What one person is willing to tolerate another may not. You'll never know if a company is a good fit for you until you give them a try.

5. cdr

cdr Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2007
    west va.
    yeah, i know d.d. no company is going to be perfect, but this is a big career change and i want it to be a good one. kids are almost grown and wifey and i look forward to travel, plus i have always wanted to drive a big truck!:headbang:

6. Road Dog

Road Dog Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Homeboy,something is definitly out of tune here.7 mos.with Roehl no late deliveries,or anything,sounds like a good record.Not being paid proper,and no bonuses.Something doesnt add up.I went to orientation in Aug,06 with them,and started driving the first of Sept.on the 7 on 7 off program.Have been averaging right around 3000 miles per week.of course the last 2 trips out were not too good.Xmas week was 2750 miles and this last week out was 2445 miles.I received a bonus check in Dec. after driving for 3 months.No service failures,and no accidents.Although the last 2 weeks have been low on miles I realize that freight is slow for everyone this time of the year.I dont say that Roehl is a perfect company,but they are head and shoulders above most other companies out there.Try driving for Swift for a while and you will then know what a lousy trucking company is.I signed on as an experienced driver at .38 a mile,and I have never been shorted on pay.Also any issues I have had with them were cleared up by talking it over with my dispatcher.

7. Homeboy

May 5, 2006
    touchin' em all
    I will be happy to discuss any and all of these scenario's with you or anyone else. As far as pay for miles, when I got my truck I was assigned to a southern regional fleet, van. I had asked for national. I have no idea how I was put in a fleet that doesn't exist, but it happened.Payroll informed me that a payroll supervisor said that they would not back pay drivers for any reason. As far as the bonuses, my practical miles are how I get paid weekly, the old system is how bonuses are paid. Ask payroll. The short miles are your bonus miles. As far as my average mileage, I get one week per month at 2200-2800 miles, then I get three weeks of 1200-1800. That is my beef. Not the 2200-2600 per week I was promised. If you think I am making this up, I can only tell you that this is too real. I started this not knowing what to expect. I could only go by what I was told and try to make the most of it. Well, what I was told is not what is, but that seems to be trucking.
    If this sounds made up, pm me and I will give you specific names, dates, and forward my pay info to you. That is all I can do. This is all I will say about this. My experience may be unique, however this is my experience. I am sorry if this offends or upsets others, but imagine trying to explain to my family the difference in what I was expecting to make, as per the recruiters, and what I am bringing home every week. I can only hope for better days. This is all I will write on this matter. I hope things are much better for other Roehl drivers.

8. Road Dog

Road Dog Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Homeboy,you are not upsetting me in the least.My point here is something doesnt add up.And no I dont want to see your pay records,etc.Looks to me like either you or the powers that be at Roehl have something screwed up.I have no idea who is at fault in a situation like this.If I were you I would keep on digging until I got to the bottom of the situation,and get it straightened out.I feel you have made a good choice in hiring on at Roehl,so try to get this cleared up.Start with your DSR,then Fleet Mgr.and right on up the ladder,until you find the right person to straighten things out.The problem probably lies right there in payroll.My first trip out with them was my first experience with trip reports.I did not have mine properly filled out,especially the mileage.My DSR called me about it,and told me I could not be paid til the mileage was straightend out.He took the info he had to payroll and together they estmated the mileage.The next week my pay for that week was in my checking acct.Since then I have learned to keep that trip report up to date on every move that I make.Good Luck in getting things squared away.

9. Homeboy

May 5, 2006
    touchin' em all
    My trip reports are fine. I received .02/mile less for 5 weeks than what was advertised because someone made a clerical error and put me in a fleet that doesn't exist. My monthly miles aren't what I was promised when I spoke to a recruiter. I call my dispatch. He told me he would fix it. Next week he told me he tried but there was nothing he could do. Low miles = no bonus. Practical mileage for pay, short miles for bonus. Thats the story in a nutshell. End of discussion for me.

10. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Sounds like maybe you pissed someone off inside, and now they're giving you a little "spanking", so to speak. These guys are smart enough not to make the kind of mistake you're talking about and then not try to correct it.

Yeah, I htink they're playing with you, man. Be like me on this one. When I ran up against these kinds of brick walls, I really started getting after it. If they want to "teach you a lesson", turn around and teach them one. Show them you didn't get your CDL to play games. Head to the terminal and demand answers. If you get the cold shoulder call up someone like Crete.
    I worked for them for a little while, and I can say Crete was a company that didn't play these lame-### games. If one pissed off an insider, he found out fast and the machinery was set in motion to correct it. That may have meant a firing, but problems got solved quick there.

Give 'em a call if Roehl wants to keep playing stupid.

11. TeeH

TeeH Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2007
    ####y, Just read your message about Roehl? Are u still with them? Do they still offer 7 on/ 7 off and what are the pros and cons on that type of work situation.

TeeH

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.