Roehl Transport School Daily Report

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by TenGears, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    Hair follicle testing is up to each company, some will and some will not. The FMCSA does not recognize hair follicle testing yet so you will always get a piss test even if they do hair follicle testing.

The simple answer that seems to evade lots of new potential drivers is to stop doing drugs and wait 4 or 5 months then you don’t need to worry about it.

tscottme and Kyle G. Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PizzaGuy805

PizzaGuy805 Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2016
    SE Wisconsin
    With Roehl I'm sure they do but I don't think Roehl does any class b. Otherwise it depends on the company.

4. Rythetruckernewson

Rythetruckernewson Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Cleveland ohio
    Do you know any info on a company called rumpke if so what type of drug screening do they preform

5. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    No, never heard of them.

Stop doing drugs and wait 4 or 5 months then you don’t need to worry about it. Don't start again after you get a job as you will need to do random tests.

If you can't do that this is not the career for you.

Just passing by Thanks this.
  6. Rythetruckernewson

Rythetruckernewson Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Cleveland ohio
    Yeah your right

7. TenGears

TenGears Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Missouri
    Its been a while, so I thought I'd update. Sweet and to the point I guess....

0.33 cpm for 3 months after you are in your own truck.
    0.01 cpm raise after those 3 months.
    0.2 cpm at 6 months.

The things I've learned:

Governed speed at such low speeds slows you from making money.
    I get all the miles I want.
    If you want off a certain day, tell them you want off 2 days ahead of that.
    Roehl charges you a dollar a week for the prepass. ($1 x 52 x 1000 drivers = $52000 a year Roehl charges employees to get their loads delivered) not sure how many drivers they have.
    Detention pay is hard to get.
    Forced routing is stupid, especially if Joe blow behind a desk has never driven. (I was put into some really ####ty situations)
    Good place to START.

I am still currently employed with Roehl. I am also looking for options, considering a lot of personal reasons.

Ride safe - TenGears

8. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    I forgot about how they charge for the prepass. And I never considered how much that adds up to for them, that is kind of a bunch of crap isn't it?

If you find yourself tiring of the national fleet, consider looking into one of the dedicated accounts. I'm not sure what's available in your area but I was on the silgan account myself and liked that much better. Much more predictable, you get treated a little better at customers, and they are a little less strict about routing.

I really recommend sticking with roehl for a year but I'll send you a PM about my current company if you are looking for a change right now. You might be in their hiring area.

9. CornStalk

CornStalk Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Midwest
    TenGears, sorry to hear your not as happy with Roehl as you were when you started last November. It's really too bad how fast ones attitude can change in these bigger companies. I hope you will be able to find something that makes you happy, there's nothing worse then doing or working somewhere you don't like being(been there done that). Plus don't they have a deal where you have to work for them so long if you went through them to get your CDL or you have to pay them back? Best of luck to you.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    Reason for edit: Added to post
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Hang in there and leave when you can. Western Dairy Transport hires in MO and has a couple of terminals there somewhere.

11. GumboSnow

GumboSnow Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Just started following this thread. I alsxo attended the Fox Valley Technical College Trucking Program, although not with Roehl. After graduation I went with H.O. Wolding but only stayed there 8 months due to the fact that my paychecks averaged $700-$800 gross pay. Some weeks were lower. A few were higher. I had to fight to get the longer runs and higher mileage. Finally just said to heck with it and bailed at 8 months. Went linehaul for Holland. Averaging $1100 a week gross and sometimes I break $1500 if things really get rolling.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.