Roehl Transport School Daily Report

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by TenGears, Nov 7, 2016.

1. beasley73

beasley73 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Michigan
    Would love to hear more about the force routing.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Duurtipoker

Duurtipoker Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Hagerstown, MD
    Yesterdays info from Roehl recruiter:

Dry Van regional Northeast only 33CPM .01 raise after 3 mnth, .02 after 6 mnth. You also get a .04 bump when you are in certain areas, like DC area. Was told that is roughly 50% of the time. 5-6 days out then 34-48 hours hometime.

Dry Van national 35 CPM, .01 after 3, .02 after 6. 11-14 out then 3 days hometime.
    Flat Bed national 39 CPM then it's all performance based for raises. 11-14 out then 3 days hometime. $22 tarp pay again when removing for lumber. $12 for steel.
    Reefer national 37 CPM, then .01 after 3, .02 after 6. 11-14 out then 3 days hometime.

Detention/break down pay.....they didn't know.

Per diem...never heard of it.

Free pass fee...never heard of it.

Dry Van training only in Gary Indiana right now. Reefer and flatbed in Wisconsin. One in Marshfield, other in Appleton, I don't recall which was which.

Contract is 120,000 miles, or you pay back $5000 within 30 days.

You pay for CLP. They cover physical. Hair test a must.

They would not cover my transportation costs. Explained I would get mileage for driving my own car, but couldn't say how much. No bus or plane or rental coverage. Recommended bringing my own car as they do not provide transpo from hotel to training facility....yeah....I'm going to bring my caddie to Gary....

They provide a hotel room with a room mate. If you prefer to go solo it's $30 /day. They provide breakfast and lunch. You're on your own for dinner.

80% of fleet is now auto, but you train on manual.

4. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    A recruiter that doesn't know about detention and/or breakdown pay for their company. There's someone to put your trust in for accurate information.

SESteve83 Thanks this.
  5. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    How picky are they about employment verification? Anyone know?

6. avantGarden

avantGarden Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Arizona
    3 years employment if you've never driven a truck and 10 years if you have driven with a CDL.

7. ambushiz91

ambushiz91 Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Hello Ten, I'm located in Erie, PA and was wondering if Roehl scouts people from here. I've been thinking about driving a truck for almost 3years now. Would you happen to know if they offer schools around this area, if not would i be accepted in Appleton?. Where/How did you start your application. I've read all your posts and the school seems amazing, especially with $500/week pay lol. I have a clean and drug free record. Thank you and stay safe!

8. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Ambushiz, I live in Meadville and drive for Roehl. Currently running 7/4 7/3 dry van national, switching over to Flatbed Great Lakes regional next week.

Can't help you on the schooling or any of that, as I came in experienced. But I'm pretty happy with the company. 7/4 7/3 was a fun and relaxing break. Not a lot of income on it, but you really are basically a part-timer. And they only have dry van for that fleet in our area. I much prefer my open decks.

9. ambushiz91

Apr 15, 2017
    Hey, i was considering driving dry-vans anyway lol. You said its basically part-time, hows the mileage/pay? I was looking to drive for 2years and become an owner operator and work for a family friend that owns his business.

10. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Bear in mind that I run on a part time HomeTime plus fleet. Roehl is the only major carrier I know of that both has part time positions and HOLDS to the schedule. Roehl also has plenty of full time OTR runs, which is probably where you want to be if O/O is your goal.

My mileage runs between 2000 and 2500 per dispatch cycle. BUT! I earn considerably more than a new rookie per mile, and don't need as many miles to hit a decent paycheck for the week. I will say my FM does try to run the snot outta me whenever he can. He wants to maximize the production on the truck as much as possible.

Weekly average miles vary with driver. Ya gotta have a good working relationship with your FM, know how to plan and schedule your trips to maximize your miles for the week, and keep the left door closed. No screwing around when you should be moving. Stay proactive with the support staff. If you can make a drop early, let'em know. If your gonna be late, let'em know! That way, they can plan your truck properly.

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  11. ambushiz91

Apr 15, 2017
    Sounds good, and yes i will be going OTR since i don't have a family and all i want to do is make money in this business and hopefully to see the beautiful USA!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.