[roehl]

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by roehl22, Feb 18, 2008.

1. roehl22

roehl22 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2008
    chicopee ma
    [ a report on roehl transport]

I went up to roehl's orentation witch they said would only take 3 day's, it took 6 day's. I got a trainer on the six day. I was fresh out of school and I traveled from MA, to ID to go to this company because it sounded so great but, intil i got my trainer and out on the road with a trainer that only had two years under his belt.
    all you hear in orentation is [safety]
    not the case when you get out on the road. all the trainer did is sleep in the passenger side while i drived, I did not hear one word from the trainer on how i was doing at all. I as a new driver would think a trainer would at least say something, or give me tip's on what go's on the road, not the case with the trainer i had, (SAFETY) THEY SAY ROEHL IS THE CORNER STONE OF ROEHL [LOL] WHAT THEY SAY AND WHAT GO'S ON MAID ME LEAVE AFTER MY SEVENTH DAY AT ROEHL. THIS COMPANY DOE'S NOT DO ANY PRE-TRIP OR IN-ROUTE OR POST-TRIP AT ALL THEY JUST STOP AT A REST AREA WRITE IN THERE LOG BOOK. To me that was a red flag to drive for ROEHL.:biggrin_25510:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Here is what safety is at your average OTR company.

If you don't cost them money you are a safe driver.

You have a preventable, you are unsafe, you don't, you are safe.

I ran teams when I was trained. My trainer threw me the keys and said lets make him some money and went to the bunk.

Hope you get what you seek at your next company but if I had a buck for every driver that did not do a pre-trip let alone a post or in rout I would be so rich I would not need to drive a truck.:biggrin_255:

4. midwestroller

midwestroller Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2007
    It says to post a bad company not a bad driver.. You said "this company does not do any post trips or pre-trips".. Companies dont do post trips or pre trips, drivers do. The company covers their butts when they preach to you for 3+ days on safety, what YOU do after that is on you for the most part.

Meltom Thanks this.
  5. New Driver

New Driver Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Jonesboro, GA
    I guess my question to you is, did you do a pre-trip or post trip inspection. I ask because you said you were driving so I think its the driver responsibility to do the pre/post trip.

6. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    Thanks for judging our entire compaany based on seven days of experience. I have to wonder how many times did YOU call the safety dept to let them in on this. Did you raise it at the time to this "Trainer's" dispatcher? What did you do to help yourself out? These issues may well arise at your next attempt to gain employment. Bad drivers exsist at every company and some of them even end up in teaching positions.

7. Harley

Harley Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Missouri
    I mean NO disrespect but I have a few pet peeves....
    witch, is which
    Orentation, is Orientation
    Six day, is Sixth day
    intil, is until
    while I drived, is "while I drove"
    Maid, is made
    Doe's, is does, there is no apostrophe in the word "does"
    There, should have been "their"

and last but not least, do you like to apply to companies that raise red flags. A red flag should have told you NOT to drive for Roehl.

All the same I wish you luck on your next job.

8. ForeverFreeW900

ForeverFreeW900 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Connecticut
    Well best of luck in your next company, i would tried to stick with it a year or so before calling it quits. From what i have read roehl is supposed to be a good company. :biggrin_2554:

9. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    Don't forget the:

day's is days
    tip's is tips
    go's is goes
    doe's is does

10. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    I have always wanted to do that but I'm afraid my grammar or spelling would fail me. Bravo to you sir!!

lookingat18wheels Thanks this.
  11. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    I stopped doing it months ago because everyone got mad at me!!! :biggrin_25523:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.