Roehl's National Dry Van go All 48 and Canada?

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by doninwooster, Mar 10, 2018.

1. doninwooster

doninwooster Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Wooster, OH
    Stevep1977:

Do you see Swift flatbeds often, out West?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Can't really say as I haven't noticed either way.

Ultimately if you want to run 48 states your best bet is probably refrigerated. Flatbed and even tanker have a chance to go to different parts of the country. Dry van freight is almost all regional in nature (300-600 mile runs) and any dry freight going cross country mostly goes on the railroad.

4. doninwooster

Feb 19, 2018
    Wooster, OH
    Classictrucker stated he has been to all 48 states driving in Roehls Dry Van division

5. doninwooster

Feb 19, 2018
    Wooster, OH
    Classictrucker states he has been to all 48 states in the past year/

6. doninwooster

Feb 19, 2018
    Wooster, OH

Classic trucker, a couple more questions then I will stop pestering you.
    1.Are you from Ohio, or the Midwest?
    2. How much (% wise) is Roehl's OTR National Dry Van fleet drop and hook?
    3. How many miles are your typical runs in Dry Van? 400, 500, 600 miles,etc.?
    4. Does Roehl's trip routing take you off the interstates and on to State routes a lot and where do they usually have you go (Loves, Pilot, TA, other.) for fueling? I've been told their routing is different from other carriers, where the drivers usually plan their routes.
    As I stated previously, I would like to experience going out West on occasional runs, rather than just always East of I-35

Thanks for your patience.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  7. Classictrucker

Classictrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2015
    1. no
    2. I'd say 50/50
    3. it varies greatly, a lot of relays lately
    4. lately they have been using loves as the main fuel supplier, they've struck a deal with loves to offer drivers unlimited showers for like a year, before that it's usually pilot flying j, I plan my own route, I use the routes they give me as a reference, but I usually follow their route because it's usually faster and as long as I don't get on toll road (unless of course they tell me to get on) or exceed too many miles based on the trip info they sent out, and of course there's going to be state routes

8. doninwooster

Feb 19, 2018
    Wooster, OH
    It was my understanding due to what a current Roehl flatbed driver stated, Roehl "doesn't want their drivers deviating from the routes Roehl determines, and drivers fuel when and where Roehl tells them to." I guess that information was incorrect?

9. Classictrucker

Jul 11, 2015
    it really comes down to whether or not the driver knows what he/she is doing, anytime the dispatcher type in a truck number on the computer, the driver's profile shows up and the dispatcher can determine what kind of driver he/she is, and if the driver got an excellent record on things such as punctuality and mpg, they really could care less if you go out of route, but if the profile shows a bad driver, it'll be a different story.
    As far as fuel stop goes, the driver should comply and fuel st places the fuel routing system tells you to, but if you fuel at a different place, the next day you'll get an automated message telling you that you fueled at a wrong location and that you need to follow the fuel stop they give you in the future

10. 1278PA

1278PA Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2015
    I'm on dry van national division and I get pretty much the same runs never been out true Midwest or west. Mostly all Northeast states, Wisconsin and states in between Northeast. Then east coast states down to Florida.

From what I hear most of the freight is all east of the Mississippi with this company.

I want to go Midwest and west to see real scenary. All I see mostly is interstates and trees. Some places going through mountains of wv, Virginia and nc are nice scenary. I was in SC going through small old towns that were cool too but I want to see real mountains and scenary out west.

11. Classictrucker

Jul 11, 2015
    you'll certainly enjoy the scene going down that hill in Cincinnati Ohio on i71/75, all that skyscrapers and scenery in panorama view.

firemedic2816 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.