Rolling up car windows and almost got a DUI. Thank God!!!!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by longhairdontcare, Jun 19, 2018.

1. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    I was never out to "get.anyone".pleeze..tall been watching too much tv

Tug Toy and spyder7723 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Maybe not you, but I've been followed by too many cops over my life that I'm assuming was following me just to wait until I made a mistake to pull me over. And don't say they weren't following me, there is no way they were simply going the same way I was, not with the rout I started to take once I noticed the following.
    Sure, I was a teen at the time, but it happened twice in two cities. Yes cops have ajob to do, but I also have a life should not be harassed by them either.

Then there is the fact one never knows what is going through a cops mind. Kinda like that traffic stop last year (I believe) where a person was shot to death, for doing what the officer instructed him to do (Get insurance and registration.) So no, I don't trust cops to be right. They may not be malicious, I'll even give you 99.9% are not. But they are human and they carry guns and have been trained to be suspicious of everyone they come in contact with.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  4. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    I am.not sure which incident.you are talking about with the license and registration but I will agree with you about the 99%..and yea cops areent perfect either

ZVar Thanks this.
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
  6. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    Yep.remember that one, hard to defend this one but at the same.time why didn't the guy listen to the Officer? We also were not there..You can't see the guys hands and what they are doing in this video.
    I got a call one night of a guy looking in cars at an.apartment complex. I saw a guy who matched the description walking down the street out front when I got there. I got out of my car and.asked the guy "hey can you come here.for a second:? It's 3 in the morn in a dark.area. This guy literally spins around and points something at me like a weapon. I didn't have time to react..I looked closer and it's his ID.. I told they guy don't do that..he said he went ahead and got it out cause we are always asking for it. I know.if it had been another officer he moght have gotten shot..it.was a really stupid thing to.do on his part. and I still think he did it intentionally..some of these guys are suicidal. Point is you don't hear about all of the rediculous things people do and the restraint officers use in most situations.

ZVar Thanks this.
  7. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Here's the truth. Cops are just regular people who chose to do a dangerous job. This means, just like other humans, some are good and some are bad. We can never judge an entire group by the actions of a few. Yes it is okay to be more cautious around anyone that carries a gun, period. I happen to cooperate with the police because that is the way I was raised. When there are officers around at fairs and whatnot, I encourage my children to say hello and ask them questions. There is no way to know who will be honest and dishonest in this world.

smokey12 and ZVar Thank this.
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I don't want to get too much into this case, but you can't just say do what the cop says. He was doing what the cop says. The cop said get your ID, he was getting his ID....

Actually read an article that breaks down the time frame.
    Cop asks for license and insurance
    Victim says he's armed.
    Cop says don't touch the gun
    Victim reaches for glove box for insurance, you know like where everyone keeps their insurance card.
    Cop opens fire.

9. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    From what I read the officer stated the guy grabbed the gun after he was told not to reach for it but this one still seems hard to defend..I wasn't there and can't see what the officer sees..he seems overly nervous and.I stated in an earlier post why some officers have these tendencies these days. In my 25 plus years I was shot at 4 times 3 of those I did not return fire 1 I did .The city I worked in was and still is a high crime area. ..Being a cop is.a TOUGH JOB..not all are perfect like all humans and I am sick and tired.of the media demonizing the police.
    Time to focus on the real problems in this country..gangs, DRUGS, fatherless children, numerous shootings in our inner cities and on and on.. that is the elephant in the room being ignored.

spyder7723, deathB4decaf and ZVar Thank this.
  10. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Maybe we should include focusing on making better parents. There seems to be a serious need for good parents in this day and age.

ZVar, spyder7723 and smokey12 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.