Rolling up car windows and almost got a DUI. Thank God!!!!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by longhairdontcare, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast

EXACTLY !!!! Cops have a tough, dangerous job in this current climate in this country. Give them the 1st 45 seconds to a minute to ask their questions and assess the situation. After that, they always see that you’re not out to kill them and relax.

Cops wanna make it home just like we do. But every encounter they have on duty has the potential to prevent them from getting home to see their family. I can’t blame them for approaching with trepidation. Give them a few seconds and, in my experience, they always relax, take their hands off their guns, and usually move along.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Exactly. "None of your business" just comes off as you have got something to hide and ########. Why be a prick? Folks just don't know how good they got it in this country. Had a friend in the Army that got pulled over by the Polezi in Germany. All he did was ask them "why did you stop me". Next thing he knew he laying face up after he got a smack down for just asking that question.

BoostedTeg, spyder7723 and Dumdriver Thank this.
  4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    That goes back to what happened here between July 4, 1776 and Sept 17, 1791. Here, the individual is sovereign, and the government has only the powers yielded to it by the people, and cannot infringe upon the rights of the people. Elsewhere, the governments are sovereign, and the people have only the privileges granted to them by the government.

5. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    If people would just understand that even though YOU don’t want to cause the police any harm , there’s plenty of people out there that do!!!! Give the officer a few seconds to assess the situation and that always settles things down.

I’m sorry, but if I’m a cop and I pull someone over, or see them acting suspiciously, I’m making sure that I protect myself 1st and foremost. That means hand on my gun as i approach and expecting the person to listen to directions. Once I see they are willing to cooperate everything settles down. But no way am I letting myself get caught off guard.

Remember, we’re talking 30 seconds here. Cooperate for 30 seconds and you’ll have no issues- MOST OF THE TIME!!! Lol

GoneButNotForgotten and smokey12 Thank this.
  6. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    A good reason not to have power windows.

tucker Thanks this.
  7. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl

Hold on a sec. If you read my post again you will see in the first paragraph i responded to your statement anout private property. The second paragraph was not directed at you, but many of the other posters saying the cop had a bad attitude.

8. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    This should be a poll. @TROOPER to TRUCKER @IluvCATS

If your drunk and sitting in a car with keys in the ignition what do you say to a LEO standing by your window:
    1. what business is that of yours?
    2. I didn't see anything.
    3. No Sir.
    4. Where the #$*! is my Pizza!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    TROOPER to TRUCKER and NoBigHurry Thank this.
  9. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    I have a few buddies that are cops, they tell me a lot of folks who are only getting a warning or only stopped to check em out talk themselves into tickets or going to jail just by being a-holes. i treat cops like any other human being, with respect.. I haven’t been shot yet.. I may be on to something..

10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    ok, i read it as one whole response, since you quoted me.

11. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    No prob. I probably could have done better at communicating my intent. Like you said, changed my wording from you all, to many of you or something like that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.