Romerica Express LLC-looking for OTR/Regional Class A drivers-$1350 minimum guaranteed

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by tadpolly1966, Nov 21, 2020.

1. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Does Shaffer remember your name when you call ? Or do yo need to tell them your truck number to jog their memory

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    Reason for edit: SSL
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I'll make this as brief as possible so not to hijack the thread. My terminal/fleet manager does and so does one of the ladies out in the front office(when I came back after being gone almost 8 years, I walked in to say hi, her words were ''look who's back" because remembered me). But I didn't come here to buddy up with the management, or make new friends. I honestly couldn't care less if they called me by my name, truck number or hey you to be honest. I came back simply because they're a financially solid, privately owned company with a wide freight base that doesn't fluctuate as much as other companies when the economy tanks, which it will again at sometime in the future. Plus they pay good, and they have health insurance that is fairly reasonably priced. I couldn't afford to buy insurance at today's prices only grossing around $70k. Not that I am trying to rag on ya'lls company, I'm not. Sounds like a good place to work if the driver was retired military with VA benefits or who has access to health insurance thru their spouse's employer.

I'll go back to minding my own business now so the thread can return to it's intended purpose.

4. Bogesey

Bogesey Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2021
    any cameras in trucks?

5. mxpx148

mxpx148 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    No cameras, no nanny systems. Trucks are speced out with everything. Only drawback(and only my opinion) to the trucks are they are auto shifts, but Volvos have iShifts which are the best in the industry, and the newer trucks which are Cascadia are DT12, which are a close second to the iShift. Not sure on the Volvos, but in the Cascadias, they are not locked down or nannied, so you can run it in all modes(eco, perf, manual). You are going to be hard pressed to find better speced trucks as a company driver.

PNwMtFlwr and Bogesey Thank this.
  6. tadpolly1966

tadpolly1966 Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2017
    If you are pulling down that kind of money AND benefits running dry van, no touch freight, you should most certainly stay. I pay well and I probably couldn't get there, not for dry van. I wouldn't make any money.

7. tadpolly1966

Aug 29, 2017
    We still have an open truck if anyone is interested. Now is the time to get on board, we are very busy.

8. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Bump

9. tadpolly1966

Aug 29, 2017
    Over half of my drivers earned over $2000 last week. The ones that didn't were on a short week anyway.

Who wants to get paid?

mxpx148 and Bogesey Thank this.
  10. mxpx148

mxpx148 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    I am the driver that just left and the reason that 963 is available...for anyone on the fence about coming on, Joe, Bryan and Romerica Exp is everything they have put out on here, and you won’t be disappointed! The ONLY reason I left was that I was able to get a great paying job working in my old profession (electronics and electrical) and decided after 5 1/2 years it was time to stay home with the family. If I ever decide to come back to trucking, Joe will be my first call. They go above and beyond to work with you on anything you need and the pay was overall more than I made at any driving job since I came to the industry in 2015 (including 2 years at Walmart, though the pay was pretty close). If you have the ability to run like a big boy without having your hand held, have a good work ethic and the skills to run the truck the way it should be, you WILL not be micromanaged and be left to do your job with great equipment and excellent support.

Thx again Joe and Bryan for the great opportunity you gave me, and while I’m very happy to be home with the family, I do miss working with you guys already. Anyone that may have any questions about running for Romerica from a drivers perspective, let me know

tadpolly1966 and McCauley Thank this.
  11. tadpolly1966

Aug 29, 2017
    C'mon guys and gals, stop falling for those "pie in the sky" job offers that never materialize into what was promised. Romerica is the reason they still have those "professional drivers only" signs swinging in the TA/Petro. But be warned, I give the best so I expect the best. Come join us and see why.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.