Rookie leasing to land star ......

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Hockeygoalie101, Jan 7, 2018.

1. DougA

DougA Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Retired,In my shop in Md.
    If you are under an old factored revenue contract,you are allowed to keep it I believe,it actually pays a little more. At least they used to allow it when I retired from Inway Heavy Haul 2 years ago.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Doubt that they would take you with a year in the seat. If they don't, ask them for an owner's name and see if you can get your foot into the door that way. Work for an owner for a little bit and then buy a truck.

I known a few who did it this way and it seems to have worked out great for them.

"Some" is not the word you need to learn.

You need to sit down and see what you really need to do with the money. The truck payment isn't the big thing in this business, it is the maintaince and the downtime coverage you need to figure out.

That makes no sense at all. First two years... ? Truck payment dropped in 2 years?

You have to learn how LS works, it isn't like other companies, you need to deal with agents who you need to find and use, you have to tell them what you can do for them and help them keep your truck in their mind when they are looking for someone to haul something for them.

First off I don't care what others say, GET RID of the idea that they take anything. YOU need to focus on "to the truck" revenue, not the total billable revenue to the customer. It matters to get the right mindset from the start.

Second you need to actually talk to LS people, who are willing to show you what's what. Let them show you the internal load board, the rates they have, ect. ... . Best way to learn is to get a couple mentors who you can call to ask questions.

Youngest GM of what?

Here is the thing, if you worked with the actual numbers, it will help you understand the different costs/revenue issues and how to get more cash flow into the system.

However I would recommend as a starting point this - http://www.ooida.com/OOIDA Foundation/Tools/docs/OOIDA-Cost-Per-Mile-Calculator.xlsx

Open it and look at the columns of what you will start to look into.

By the way, Hockeygoalie?

Really?

Mustn't been not that good of one ... it looks like you have all your front teeth. :)

Sorry, I couldn't help that.

Mooseontheloose and sevenmph Thank this.
  4. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Depends on situation, but yes i do.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.