Rosedale Technical College

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by doireann, Jun 1, 2017.

1. doireann

doireann Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Just thought I would give a review on my cdl course so far. My hubby went here about 2 years ago and he has been working since graduating.
    It is a 10 week CDL course and I started in April 2017. The first four weeks we were in a classroom and learning the manual, and PM. There was 8 in our class and two dropped out after the first four weeks ; one had a medical issue and the other failed two drug tests.
    Early in May we began our yard work. There are 4 teachers and all were drivers at one time. We have 4 trucks to work with and every day we are either out on the road or in the yard. We have learned how to do a pre trip inspection, in cab inspection and air brake test. Tomorrow two of the guys are taking their road test.
    We also have learned skills ; parallel parking, off tracking and straight line backing. I don't think I will ever know enough or be able to do it well enough to pass. We have bobtailed and also driven with the 48 and 53ft trailers.
    Our course is mon to friday , 8-2. Normally there are 2-3 in the truck including the teacher. We are in Pittsburgh where there are plenty of hills and narrow streets.
    So far I would recommend this school. They really want to make sure you are ready to test, and that you are comfortable enough to test before actually testing.

Just passing by Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Silver_Rayleigh

Silver_Rayleigh Bobtail Member

May 14, 2018
    Pittsburgh, PA
    How has it been since then?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.