RSB Logistic - Running Log ( O/O & CO )

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Jar-Head, Jan 12, 2014.

1. ragtopjr

ragtopjr Light Load Member

May 14, 2008
    Saskatoon,Sk,Can
    Like anything else, there is good, and there is bad to every company. I have been booked off on time off since April 2nd for the dates of the 24 th to the 29 th..... I am currently 1200 miles from home, and will maybe get home on the 29 th or 30 th.

I was put on a run which I made sure that they knew it was going to be tough to be able to get me home when I had booked off.

They did offer to get me home with the current load, and then repower the load, which would have had me home 2 days late, and would have completely screwed the plans I had to get to a meeting that I attend every year....

I have never found that "My Home Time" Matters, and that they constantly push the envelope when it comes to home time, and never get you home when you ask.

Keep in mind I dont go out for a couple of weeks at a time, its usually 3 time off requests a year, other then that I take time off when I show up near home which takes no planning.

With the previous planner, I had to book time off 5 days early, I had thought this planner would be better.... I think I was wrong....

P.S. I did recently hear about a driver who they flew home for his time off, however the cost of the flight was very cheap between where he was, and where he needed to be....

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ragtopjr

May 14, 2008
    Saskatoon,Sk,Can
    Just to update, I have since quit this company. I was hired on to drive the truck, not become a data entry cleark...

They are doing their level best to turn the drivers into data entry clerks, requiring everything to be input on the quallcom, from arrival/dep times, check calls daily, hours every day regardless of whether it was your days off, entire Bol is expected to be input before leaving the shippers....

I would not recommend them to anyone!

Just My Opinion....

I noticed the OP has not posted in a while.... perhaps the shiny has wore off for him as well?

P.S. I was there for 4.5 years and had run everything they haul, Super B, Deck, Step Deck, Van, and Rail Trailer...

4. ragtopjr

May 14, 2008
    Saskatoon,Sk,Can
    Just to mention I always scanned in all the paperwork from the shippers and it was emailed to the office before I left the shippers, but they still wanted it input into the Quallcom.....

5. dancecanyon

dancecanyon Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2015

I've been with two companies in the past three years....they all required the same--whether by Transflo or the in-cab scanner. But, that's only two companies.

I'm actually leaving my present company after two years and have got on with RSB...I'll be largely based out of the Port Hope, ON yard. I talked to a couple of their drivers that I saw on the road and both have been with RSB for 15+ years....One said she left for a year and then came back. The main selling points for me were the variety of hauling, the ability to be based out of Ontario and not having to chase my payroll every week. My present company would call me in for noon and my load wouldn't be there until 6pm--no pay for that....or Fleet would ask me to run in a truck for them--maybe mine or to get to the dealer with one truck to pick up mine--5 or 6 hours of waiting and no pay for that....constantly disputing layovers and wait times--usually not getting that pay. Bringing in a load from OTR and making the delivery, to be sent to pick up another load that would be normally considered local city work but only getting paid for the extra pick/drop--and if it took me an extra 4 or 5 hours because of the usual shipper delays or horrible traffic in Toronto, the company won that one--time and again.

Anyhow, four more days and I'm outta here! RSB is going to fly me to Saskatoon for three days training, testing, etc...then take a truck from there and head out. Here's hoping it's a keeper....

6. Annonymous

Annonymous Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Connecticut
    I've never heard of them before. Nice I do thank u

7. Northerntanker

Northerntanker Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Any more news on this outfit? I'm not too far from them and am looking for a good company to go o/o with.
    Decent van rates?

8. dancecanyon

dancecanyon Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2015
    call Rob Mitchell at 1-306-242-8300 . you have to have new machinery(they just let some o/o go and for some, the reasoning was because they wouldn't get newer trucks) I'm company and don't know their rates for o/o. however, as a company driver, they pay what they say they will pay. some o/o's became company, saying they weren't making enough but some o/o's have been with the company for years and years--probably it's how you handle your money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.