runhardgetpaid on natioal news ABC

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by jeffo51, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    What? His logs were legal. He had ~20 hours of rest and boohoo it was too much so he felt tired. Probably stayed up playing video games and making youtube videos when he should have been resting.

Switching from a day schedule to a night schedule isn't fun, but it isn't torture either. Police & hospital personnel do it all the time -- they can't call in tired.

tow614, joseph1135, Mattnatti and 7 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Really? You gonna make me break out the nun smiley? YOU of all people here, know that TTR allows everyone an opinion. Nuff said?

Ukumfe, 123456, Lonesome and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Hey!!!! Lol. I'm not telling her she can't have an opinion. I just EXTREMELY disagree and my feeling is that if anyone would agree with something like him, then there is nothing they can possibly have today to me. My opinion. I wasn't mean! But I know where you're coming from. Maybe I could have been any little more diplomatic, but then again, that wouldn't be me!

bullhaulerswife and Boy Howdey Thank this.
  5. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    I think some of you forgot what the video was about. It wasn't about a dispatcher forcing the fat #### to drive illegally. Abe claimed the dispatcher forced him to drive while tired. I still don't see it that way. What I heard and saw was a dispatcher trying to problem solve. When he realized tubby wasn't going to play ball he relayed the load. Let's not forget that Abe has 2 ten hour breaks and instead of sleeping he chose to #### around on Facebook and YouTube.

I have to agree with Joseph on this one

6. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    If I wasn't bustin your chops, well, then you'd think there was something wrong with me. But you got the point. :biggrin_25525:

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  7. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    so you got your expensive truck and trailer parked at the truck stop for 20 hours and you cant hack putting 350 miles on it
    the dispatcher was right when he told him he gonna get a 400$ paycheck. dispatcher seemed to be polite also

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  8. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    I do Reefer, tell me about it.

That's what boat loads of caffeine and sleeping pills are for :yes2557:

9. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    I did two back to back 10 hours like he did. Slept most of it. Only reason was late is dispatcher told me wrong pick up time. Load was ready at 9. Was told appointment for midnight

BrenYoda883 and HotH2o Thank this.
  10. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    sorry to offend anyone, but much of what I said comes from my own personal experience. I am overweight myself, and I guess it was a bad choice of words.

I have struggled with my weight for some time now. I have gained about 40 pounds since I got out of the army 10 years ago. But there are things you can do to keep that 40 pounds from turning into another 80 or 100. Luckily my weight hasnt gone up much at all in the last 5, but I had to make some drastic changes...

Anyway, I guess from personal experience I see and feel just how much harder physical things are being 40 pounds overweight. I would hate to see what another 40 would feel like. And I see a lot of people out here younger than me, way heavier, compounding their problem with what they eat, on the way to an early grave. The heavier one gets, the more the temptation is to be lazy and eat junk, what's another 5 pounds after all?

I am not saying that all fat people are lazy, nor are all skinny people hard workers. But the skinny ones you described who are lazy, imagine them being 60 to 80 pounds overweight. It is almost certain that being overweight would make them more lazy. That is not an insult, that is reality.

BrenYoda883 Thanks this.
  11. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    By the way, by arguing with each other, we are accomplishing exactly what Abe wants, empowering him even more, and making TTR look bad. Any publicity, good or bad, is good to him. You can tell he feeds on it just by the way he talks.

Let the baby have his bottle, what he said and did will have little impact with the changes that FMCSA has already planned.

If Karma doesn't get Abe, cigarettes and food will finish the job.

bergy, BrenYoda883 and joseph1135 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.