Running 3 log books so you can get home in 3 days instead of 5.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Tb0n3, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I've heard this crap a lot. What's your solution to keep idiots that drive like this on paper from doing so? I read countless threads about how it's only 15 minutes here or there, but that's not what I hear from the old hands.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
  4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I don't think about it and let the cops do what they are paid to do. If it were someone under my authority egregiously violating the hos they would not be doing it for long. I will not have that liability.

5. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    LOL

This thread is under surveillance..:book:

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    The mentality of drivers still thinking this is 1960s.

SMH

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  7. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    When the only way to make more money is to drive more hours, who needs sleep?

DTP, sourdiesel and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

People don't tell stories about that time they stole a penny from the bank. They tell an exaggerated story about the person they heard telling them an exaggerated story about the guy who told them an exaggerated story but the story is changed so they did everything. You shouldn't believe stories, or correct them. You can't prevent others from doing stupid stuff even if you have East German levels of control over their lives. You can stop about 90% of the most common things and then start with tyrannical measures that have less and less effect on the smaller and smaller numbers of outlaws. It's not anyone's job to prevent every conceivable bad thing thatcan be done or MIGHT be done. People lie, some people lie 24/7. Politicians call those people rookies.

AZ Pete, Steel Dragon and pmdriver Thank this.
  9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    If a solo driver has physically driven from Los Angeles to Indianapolis in 36 hours, I can guarantee you you will find some irregularities in whatever paper logs he turns in that are related to those days, and it probably won't be hard to find with using common sense and a calculator and google maps.

Once you see that "cheat method" , others will be easy to spot.

10. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    When change comes there will always be some fighting it, If the change is right it will weather the storm and most will abide by the rules. Hopefully those will finally realize that saying you only worked 70 hrs in that week while doing far more is only hurting the health. It really is not making any more money and will cost more soon because we have a surveillance society anymore and you are being watched.

11. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    caveman thinking, only way to make more money is to do less for more, hauling cheap freight doing high miles is crazy thinking, your just running around with the head stuck in the sand.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.