Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Yeah I know... I'm already trying to plot the next step after JCT.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CannonballAA

CannonballAA Medium Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Richmond, VA
    I got a winner
    7A4D6A88-8A49-4542-8995-24785E93060D.jpeg
    3 showing belt. 1 is fine but needs a new valve stem. And 1 is fine but it's been run flat so long the tech won't put air in it. Side wall has been ruined from riding flat. I mean how long can a trailer have a flat without someone noticing a flat.
    Air inflation system was also turned off.

Unlike a lot here I've had very good luck with trailers. But seems that is all over. Last
    3 trips have resulted in shop time.

4. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    ####. Someone wasn't doing pre/post trips.

CannonballAA Thanks this.
  5. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Yeah they were. That's why they turned off the air inflation system, so thier air compressor wouldn't constantly be running.

CannonballAA and MachoCyclone Thank this.
  6. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    The driver that turned it off, yes. But, the possible countless other drivers that pulled that trailer?

7. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Sometimes the shop will tell the driver to shut off the air valve but the understanding is or should be, get the trailer to a shop as soon as possible to fix the problem.

88 Alpha and CannonballAA Thank this.
  8. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Hhahahah that's great... Getting the trailer to a shop..... lololololol

I'm also pretty sure driver shut that valve off because they don't like seeing that little light on...if there's no light there's no problem!!!

It's like the trailers I find with abs issues and the ABS light wire cut.... As if dot doesn't check to see if that light comes on when you apply power to the truck....

When I plug in the pigtail if I don't hear the ABS system AutoCheck and I don't see the light come on... Dollars to Donuts someone disconnected something instead of getting it fixed...

9. CannonballAA

CannonballAA Medium Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Richmond, VA
    I thought that too about the light and the inflation system. But then discovered the light is broken as well. lol
    This trailer is a mess from top to bottom. Just got this JBS load to the consignee and open it up. Looks like it hasn't been washed out in ages..

10. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    I was talking about drivers in general I run into too many trailers that have literally no problems but maybe a slow leaking Tire and the air system off.

Also I always find that disturbing whenever I open up a trailer and it does look like it hasn't been washed out forever and we've been loading food in it over and over.

11. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    If you ever drop a dirty trailer or a trailer in need of repair (without informing JCT) at the Ft. Worth yard, that driver will get charged $75. The guy that is in charge of the yard will see to that because he is usually the one that has to deal with it.

There is a third party company that comes to the yard to wash the trailers, but that is only on Tuesday (If I remember correctly) and Friday mornings. So, dropping a dirty trailer on Monday night or Thursday night, and you won't get charged.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    CannonballAA and Kamkor Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.