Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Yeah I'll finish off my contract, I have a goal and I'm sticking to it. Its more of a risk to make additional payments to the truck, because if something happens you DEFINITELY aint getting the money back then.

And anything over 5K can be withdrawn per my DM, so if I knew something bad was in the works I'd drain it down.

Besides, they are suppose to be paying interest on our maintenance accounts quarterly. And its more than my savings account...

SUPPOSE is the key word there I guess...

Lessor shall pay Lessee interest on the Equipment Lease Escrow Funds on at least a quarterly basis. The amount of interest shall be established on the date the interest period begins and shall be equal to the average yield of 91-day, 13-week U. S. Treasury bills.

3 Month Treasury Bill Rate is at 1.73%

MachoCyclone Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I was just remembering last winter when those 7 JCT trucks wrecked out in New Mexico snow storm, some of them got their contracts terminated. It is very easy for a lease company to massive dollar amount repairs even for turn in trucks. Just for trading in my old truck for the new one, they charged $600 bucks cleaning fees for example.

CannonballAA Thanks this.
  4. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Understandable. I know when I traded mine in I got hit pretty good but it was reasonable. There was hood damage from a back&run driver, couple maintenance items, and cleaning. Even then it didn't totally drain my account and I only had 2K in there. They don't seem to completely gouge you for things.

The snow storm stuff, seems to be more an insurance liability thing. Running into the back of people is usually one of the "Kiss of Death" interactions with a CDL.

its why I keep my following distance long, and run a camera.

CannonballAA Thanks this.
  5. CannonballAA

CannonballAA Medium Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Richmond, VA
    That was one messy day in NM. I woke up in Gallup and headed east. Drove just under 11 hours and barely cracked 300 miles.
    Spending my whole life on the east coast had made me ####y about winter driving.
    I80, I70 & I40 scared me to death. That day was a real eye opener. Whole different ball game west of the Mississippi. Nice in the summer though. lol

scottied67 and Kamkor Thank this.
  6. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    Man its like they are calling me back lol

7. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX

crxdc Thanks this.
  8. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    Now if they get some of those fancy western stars i would be so inclined. I do miss my fat checks although i only work 35 hours a week now lol

9. arrogant steve

arrogant steve Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2016
    East Texas
    We’ve kept a “maintenance” savings account along with our “tax escrow” savings account for some time now. Basically .05 cpm into the maintenance account along with the account JCT has us pay into, also at .05 cpm. The wife has a formula for figuring our estimated taxes. She’s always a little liberal with that account as we always still have plenty in it after paying each quarter. I was unaware the company maintenance account accrued interest.

10. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Lol. Love how the focal point Friday message specifically states the raise isn't an April Fools joke.

Kamkor and CannonballAA Thank this.
  11. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    If you drop a trailer with an air leak loud enough to almost hear from the front of the trailer for someone else to fix yourey not a driver you're an #######.

MachoCyclone and CannonballAA Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.