Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    They paid me for a 2nd stop

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kanidana

kanidana Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    Wow so in other worda we get screwed. Amazing how they can get away with pissing away our fuel. I won't be done dealing with this mess until tomorrow. That's 48 hours plus with this reciever. You'd think we would get compensated.

4. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    You'll probably get detention pay if you press it. Not your fault. I've gotten extra due to OSD.

crxdc Thanks this.
  5. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    Honestly I only had to drive 4 blocks so it was worth the 40 bucks. Most other times I ended up with a freezer of whatever it was. I'm still eating bacon from like a year ago. 3 cases with 40 pounds each.

Kamkor Thanks this.
  6. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    I got $300 in detention pay I think the last time I had a real big Tyson snafu where they put the wrong temperature sensor in. Let me sit on the load for nearly two days when they try to figure out someone to resell the load to, ended up dropping in the yard.

crxdc and kanidana Thank this.
  7. kanidana

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    This is 6 boxes of meat. Unreal the level of pita a driver has to go through for such petty amounts. You'd think the reciever would be able to figure out something to do with it. Oh well. My week is now shot.

8. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Not really you'll get Stop pay plus probably detention and generally when they sell them to a reseller the drop-off takes all of like 5 minutes hell I had an entire trailer of cantaloupe get refused in Ohio and I took it to Chicago and they unloaded me in 30 min. Plus depending on where they resell it it could put you in a better area for a better run.

kanidana Thanks this.
  9. kanidana

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    Thanks glass half full to my glass half empty. Needed that. My pessimism gets out of control sometimes:) Taking it to some place in ohio. 160 miles away. Opens at 0600. I'm preplanned with a crap load to florida that was suppose to pu 1400 today at cloverleaf meats, but that isn't happening. They still have me on the load, though. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the responses and the morale boost. Much appreciated.

Kamkor Thanks this.
  10. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Had a pickup truck clip my deer guard in San Antonio this morning. She was merging onto the Interstate on a short merge; I had no where to go as their was cars in the left lane. I also couldn't just slam my brakes either without getting rear ended. Minor damage to pickup and a scuff mark on my deer gaurd. No injuries and the lady was nice. She had calles the cops herself. The only thing did was take down our license abd insurance info, put it on an official form and gave the one with her info and my info to her. Which we had already done before they got there. Video may or may not come later. It's uploading in order to send to Safety.

2018-04-03 12.11.39.jpg 20180403_121221.jpg

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  11. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Ugh..hope it washes out ok...sucks if they snatch a safety bonus and hit you with a preventable over them failing to yield.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.