Rush Truck Center Denver Poor Service

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by platinum, Jul 4, 2011.

1. platinum

platinum Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Well the I-70 TP in Pennsylvania bounced me so hard the rear part of the seat broke. I ended up using my top mattress folded in half to keep the back straight tell I can get to a dealer that can fix it. It also started leaking every 20 mins had to pump the seat back up. I show up at rush at 9ish am. I meet the service and state specifically two problems. the back of the seat broke and the leaking after heavy bumps or every 20 mins. They ended up fixing the back the of seat after having it for 5 hours and over looked the leak and told me its all set. When you tell me all set they should of meant it~! So now i am pissed and can not afford to loose anymore time, its been two weeks and I continue to pump up my seat every 20 mins, I hope when i get to the maintenance terminal they will find it and fix it right the first time!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. paul 1052

paul 1052 Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Sand Springs, Ok.
    Not surprising...5 hours labor would almost buy you a new seat.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  4. Regul8r

Regul8r Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Kansas
    I hate to say this but you first mistake was going to a Peterbilt dealership that had a Rush Truck Centers sign above it. I have only found 1 that I felt was worth anything and it use to be Great Southern Peterbilt in Jacksonville, FL. Only because it was primarily still the same staff is the reason it is any good. And their biggest grip was that Rush don't stock parts that should be there, just because they aren't frequently used parts. Such as fenders, a spare hood, etc.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  5. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    Why don't you go to the Dollar Store and buy a bottle of bubble making soap and spray it around your seat (the one you sit on, or both) and fix the leak yourself.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  6. Big John

Big John Road Train Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Rush Truck Centers and MHC Kenworth are the ones I have dealt with in the past and won't be going back to there shops even if I break down right in front of one. I have found the smaller dealers are better to deal with and their mechanics don't stand around BSing on my time.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  7. KW Parts Guy

KW Parts Guy Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2011
    As a KW partsman I can tell you this about ALL dealers, unless it moves 5-6 times a year, it wont be stocked. And if the truck is more than 10 years old the dealer is no longer obligated to carry replacement parts. Sucks but that just the way it is!

8. DYLAN_131

DYLAN_131 Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2018
    I would advise against Rush. Was a former mechanic and left due to how owner operators were treated (I have deep connections to owner ops). I split to start my own business catering to owner ops for things like PM services (and hopefully coming soon the ability to clear your derate code and force a regen if it wont manually work).

The amount of time owner ops were stuck waiting was ridiculous. It's almost as if they dont understand the importance of their trucks NOT being down. Time = money.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.