Russells Springer NM

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by D.Tibbitt, Jun 4, 2023.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Well another mom and pop has been taken over by TA. Russells in Springer nm on I 25 is now a TA. And they have already destroyed it to say the least. Used to be one of my favorite stops. Anybody else ever stop there?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Stopped there a couple months ago during the night so restaurant wasn't open. Shelves looked nearly empty, maybe they weren't purchasing any more items to sell knowing they were selling out to TA?

Was just looking at the reviews on truckers path, sounds like all the old cars are gone, prices all went up, and reserve parking spots are going in already. LOL

I really like the Russell's on I-40 at the NM/TX line but the parking area is way to tight for a long hood truck, ill stop to eat but won't stay the night. Wonder if TA is gonna buy that location?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
    D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I hope not man. I like that Russell's as well. But same as you I won't stay the night there.. Yeah I went it to the Springer location today. Hadn't been there since February. Had no idea it was a ta until I pulled up and said what the f.. Walk inside of course there is like 10 people in line 4 dudes behind the cash register and only 1 dude actually checking anyone out. Thought to myself they sure transitioned to a typical TA fast lol

Yeah they cleared out all the old cars and gift shop its basically all gone and rearranged the whole store.. The dude at the fuel counter was saying ta cut his paycheck too..

Big Road Skateboard Thanks this.
  5. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    I sure as hell hope they do NOT buy the other one.

drvrtech77 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    The cashier at that Russell's passed me a counterfeit ten a few years back. Otherwise, I really liked the place.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    Is there any place that TA or Peelot wont destroy when they buy it up

8. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    no

D.Tibbitt and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  9. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Used to stop there all the time, last time was a few weeks ago and saw that, I think it happened actually back in April. Sad, was an interesting place to stop.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  10. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    They sold good tamales. Now we can look forward to 8-hour-old BigAz Sandwiches.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.