RV company plans new factory in northern Indiana

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by RickG, Dec 28, 2011.

1. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

Pretty much.

There was not a slow down in the freight in December. Transport companies have signs out for drivers.

Best news though, is the banks are finally starting to lend more on such items. They are now doing more floor plans and looking to expand into the financing of RV's to consumers. This is something that has not been done since 2008. Even though they were "encouraged" to do this with the bail out.

RickG Thanks this.
  4. mikeshauling

mikeshauling Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2011
    So. ILLINOIS
    I see alot of guys hauling campers but everytime i talk to someones friends uncles best friend ,,,etc. they all say that campers dont pay anything. This has to be off the mark doesnt it, because too many guys are doing it ?

Not looking for anyone to spill their $$ business, just wondering why these stories are always the same.

I guess guys say the $ is no good to keep more guys from trying it out !! LOL

5. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Just read other threads in this forum . Plenty has been posted about the income . The main negative thing are loads are only paid one way and return loads are almost nonexistent

6. mikeshauling

Dec 30, 2011
    So. ILLINOIS

Ya, i was reading more after i posted this...
    I wasnt looking for info about actually hauling them, i was just curious about the stories i heard.

The threads kinda confirmed what i thought. A guy can make money at it but i dont think i would like running empty that much and the pay isnt right for me anyway.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!

7. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    Been doing it since 2003. Make more than I ever did as a company driver.

mikeshauling Thanks this.
  8. mikeshauling

Dec 30, 2011
    So. ILLINOIS

I read several of your posts in some threads, you were one of the guys i see that seem to make money doing this. I think it has alot to do with being with the right company and doing things right.

Its the guys that haul for pennies that mess alot of good things up.
    I know ive ran empty at times instead of just running for fuel.
    Running for fuel , IMHO, is just wearing out my stuff for nothing.

9. Hatya

Hatya Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Leesburg IN
    I just heard of a guy running big trucks for .28 cpm as a company driver. Cant he make more at taco bell?

But ya, Jayco has more units to deliver right then we can handle. And my dispatcher is concerned about the upcoming busy season.

10. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    Seems to be the same at most. Alot of shorter trips though.

The weather forcast for Monday sucks up there.

11. GLIofMI

GLIofMI Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Lowell Mi
    I make money at it.
    If you can't figure out how then it's not for you.
    I started 6 months ago and I will be starting with my third company because the small guys don't know how to dispatch, work and keep good drivers.
    Going to a big company now, hope it works.
    As for the driver end of it, sleep in your truck, pack your food, quit whining and keep the wheels turning and your nose clean.
    Just like 99% of the jobs now you won't get rich but you will have money for food and some bills. Enjoy the peace and quiet of the road.
    If white line fever doesn't set in then you know to go do something else.
    Hope your wife works or just drive more.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.