RV Transport Companies

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Bigfoot_Trucking, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigfoot_Trucking

Bigfoot_Trucking Light Load Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Harrison,Arkansas

Talked to one of my dispatchers about this. We have so many trailers now to move and hundreds more scheduled to come in he thinks we'll just get caught up. Just have to see how it turns out. Going to make a short run next week and spend several days at home over the 4th.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. watrucker

watrucker Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Port Orchard, Washington
    Is there a way to get into RV transport if you don't own a tow vehicle or a pickup to tow trailers? I live fairly close to western Canada so it peaked my interest.

4. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Houston Texas,USA
    On occasion I was asked to transport a RV to it's owner. Always put your truck in a safe place! No Breake, No Steale,!!! Fly me there, fly me back. Little blue things on my boots are a pain. Moneys too good to pass up. $60.00 to park my rig @ an airport ain't bad. No Riff Raft. 3 days I'm back. 4 @ most. It's a trip.

5. gangster49

gangster49 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Many Rv Haulers take trains, or buses to get back to Elkhart.

6. Bigfoot_Trucking

Feb 16, 2012
    Harrison,Arkansas
    Get your cdl, fly to Elkhart Indiana and drive a motorhome back up to Canada.

7. maddytravels

maddytravels Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2013
    CWRV Transport is looking for people to fill immediate shuttle positions in the Elkhart area. The application is on the website and truck requirements.

8. Bigfoot_Trucking

Feb 16, 2012
    Harrison,Arkansas

If I'm not able to get the loads I need from my current company I will try and lease on with them.

9. maddytravels

Jul 17, 2013
    I would definitely talk to them. I think their loads will be a little steadier than other companies once everything is up and running. Camping World is only growing and growing. If you know any local guys that want to work Monday - Friday let them know about the
    shuttle positions. A chauffers liscense is ok but A CDL is better. As long as they have a 10,000lb hitch, its ok they don't have a fifth wheel yet as far as shuttling goes. Its also dailypay on the shuttle positions!

10. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Be a pay cut for me. Seems it is affiliated with Horizon and they will be leasing many of their lots. Look for a drop in their business.

11. maddytravels

Jul 17, 2013
    They are not part of Horizon. They are part of Camping World. Other small transport companies also have units in Horizons yards. That is nothing new leasing yard space. They are an exclusive Camping World transporter now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.