RV Transport Help.

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Blairworks, May 28, 2018.

1. Blairworks

Blairworks Bobtail Member

May 28, 2018
    Texas
    Posted this in the Auto transport thread but might have tried to post it here first... I have been running a 40 foot hotshot trailer for a year now making decent pay but, recently got offered a dedicated weekly run for a local company to run smaller bumper pull travel trailers out of Indiana to my home city (two at a time) Problem is my 40 foot trailer wont be long enough and will need to buy a new trailer. I was going to purchase a 3 car wedge trailer but afraid with the rv on top would be too tall. Most of these trailers are 10-11 foot tall. Just wondering if any of you guys are or have transported these things and if so what type of trailer are you using? Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    I have never carried these trailers, however consider if the rv’s are that tall and on a wedge the wind drag will be taxing your equipment.

Blairworks Thanks this.
  4. jeffman164

jeffman164 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    3 car wedge would definitely be too high . Shipshe Welding out of Shipshewana, Indiana makes specialized trailers for camper hauling .

Blairworks Thanks this.
  5. Blairworks

Blairworks Bobtail Member

May 28, 2018
    Texas
    Thank you I will check into those trailers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.